Friday 31 August 2007

Where do I start????????

Warning long post ahead.......

It's amazing how life can change in the blink of an eye. Tuesday I taught a lovely class at Paper Doll little did I know it would be my last daytime class.

Wednesday I was sitting at home with lots of housework to be done and achieving little, when I thought to myself .....Leeanne your ability to do nothing knows no bounds sometimes. I haven't been working much in the last 6 months and I think you get into a real rut because you think you have heaps of time to get things done and consequently you're always putting things off until later.

One of my aims over the next 6 months is to start exercising more and changing my lifestyle (notice I don't mention the word diet) so that I could start looking for work in the New Year. To that end I have in fact started watching what I eat and have been wearing a pedometer for the last 2 weeks with the aim to doing 10,000 steps a day.

So Wednesday afternoon I rang my sister (she's on holidays) to see if she wanted to go for a walk. We headed off and as we were walking I mentioned to her how I really needed to get a job because I felt the longer I went without working the harder it would be to get motivated to find a job.

We got back to my place and just after we walked in the phone rang and it was an old work colleague from Centrelink, asking if I would be interested in part time work. (ooggie boogiie hey!!) The only catch was that I had to let her know by Thursday morning and I would be starting MOnday!! Yikes I thought of many reasons straight away why I couldn't do it. It was too soon, School holidays are coming up, Madeleine needs me, What about after school activities etc.. the list goes on. None of them insurmountable problems really (except the Madeleine needs me one of course).

Anyway to cut an already long story short, I have accepted so will be starting on Monday. The first three weeks is full time training in Moorabbin. Then I will be working at Springvale 4 days a week 10am to 3.30pm with Wednesday being my day off. So the hours are pretty good really and I couldn't in all honesty pass it up.

I went into today to pick up forms and fill out forms etc.. I must say I haven't been back very often since I left Centrelink 8 years ago, so it was nice to see some familiar faces who all made me feel really welcome. I already have a few lunch dates for next week. Gotta love that.

Not that I will be working with those people, I will only see them while I'm in training over the next 3 weeks.

So that's it really, I am going to miss working with Wendy at the shop and teaching (daytime). The last 2 years have been wonderful. I loved loved loved working at Paper Doll and teaching. I'd just like to thank Wendy for all her support and encouragement and for introducing me to such a wonderful craft. It truly has been a privilege to be able to work within an industry that is my passion. I'm really going to miss all the girls who are regulars at coffee mornings on Thursdays, it has been a pleasure to get to know you all and share a lot of laughs and good times.
The sound of a truck reversing will always put a smile on my face and remind me of Paper Doll and all its lovely customers.

Now I do have a layout to share this one is using the photo of Holly that Neil took last weekend. I've used the new Basic Grey Mellow range and a bit of beading again on the cut out flowers. As you know I'm lovin that technique at the moment.




















The next share is another of Neil's photos. I think it's stunning, actually it's two photos. Neil has been playing with photoshop and mastering a couple of new techniques. The beach shot is at Bonbeach last weekend and the photo of Madeleine is from earlier in the year when we were at Phillip Island.


Madeleine and I and a few others are off to see Phantom of the Opera on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to it. I saw it twice back in the early 90's and loved it. The sets and costumes are just beautiful and the whole show was fantastic.
Ok that's enough prattling from me. Have a fantastic weekend.
cheers
Leeanne x

10 comments:

Megan said...

Hi Leanne,

Congrats on taking up the new job offer! It must be meant to be, considering you were thinking about it, and then the phone rang....that is all a bit weird isn't it?!

Have a great time at Phantom!

Megan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Leeanne, it sounds so sad, you leaving Paperdoll and all. Wendy will be a bit sad I think. Happy for you though, part time jobs like that are hard to come by. I must remember to ring you when I have Centrelink problems!!!lol.
Thanks for your kind comment about my flu. I'm a tad better today. Anyway I really hope to still see you from time to time, I think, when I've decked out my shed/studio, I'll have a scrap night out there, with dips, biccy's, wine, yummy things and lots of laughs. What do you think, sound fun, and you'll have to be there. It won't be for a while, but I'll be sure to let you know in plenty of time. Okay darl hugs, talk soon.xxx

Anonymous said...

I just forgot to say I love your layout and the photo, he's a clever thing isn't he? I wish I could see the beading on the flowers a bit better (so I could copy of course)lol...x

connie said...

Congrats on the new job Leeanne.. sorry to hear you are leaving Paper Doll... wont get to see you at coffee mornings anymore (thats when i show up..lol)...

loving the layouts....

Connie...xxx

Anonymous said...

Leeanne, so sorry you won't be there on Thursday mornings. I know I don't make it much but always was so glad to see your smiling face. Congrats on the job tho. Also, love, love love that "Thinking" pic. How did Neil do it?
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hey Leeanne,
Congrats on the new job, you sounded so excited when I spoke to you Thursday.
Just think with working all the new scrapbook products that you can buy.
Know the photo of Holly looks even better than before know that its on that gorgeous page.
Hey the phantom scrapper takes the best photos Maddy's is stunning, boy he is a talent.
Look forward to catching up.
Deb Ross xxxx

wendy treseder said...

My blog post says it all Leeanne, I will miss having you just a phone call away when I need to share, but I think the way it has all panned out is the universe telling you it's right.
Your LO is stunning IRL - you just amaze me.
Wx

Anonymous said...

Hi Leanne,
Good luck with the new job, hope all goes well for you.
Andrea P

Anonymous said...

It is going to be so quiet on Thursday mornings. Missing you already.

Best of luck with the job.

No, I don't mean that I hope you hate it and decide to resign after the first day. See you Thursday!!!

Kim

Karen said...

Congrats on the new job Leeanne - its not often the perfect part time position falls into our laps so it was obviously meant to be yours.
Love your layout and Neil's photoshop portait is great - my kids love photoshop so I so get lessons from them.
Catch you soon