Tuesday 7 August 2007

A DAY IN TOWN

What a lovely day Wendy and I had yesterday. It was a real treat and so nice to spend the day together scrapbooking, laughing and eating. What more could you ask for. We had the most magnificent club sandwich at the cafe in Crown Plaza along with a Chardonnay for lunch. It was all very civilised. Although a big meal and glass wine in the middle of the day, didn't help my concentration in the last two sessions.

I haven't finished everything but a sneak peak follows. My two fav classes were the making memories little suitcase which houses a very cute travel related mini album. I still have lots of tags and rubons etc to add to this.
The second one is a very cute baindaid tin covered in cardstock that has been put through the cuttlebug, which is very cool to use. Then inside the tin are four gorgeous little mini thankyou cards.





Neil took the camera with him today so I didn't get a chance to photograph the other projects, but I'll update again tomorrow. I saw Wendy taking photos of her projects today so if you head over to her blog, you'll probably see the others. Wendy also finished her little travel album off last night at home.
When I got home from the city yesterday it was also nice to know I didn't have to cook, except for making some mashed potato. Neil had whipped up two meals the night before. The first one was his sensational spaghetti sauce, which has everything bar the kitchen sink in it. The second magnificent dish and which we ate last night was Lamb Ragout with green olives. It was absolutely fabulous the flavours were outstanding the meat was so so tender. He had seen the recipe during the Tour de France. Every night before the race started there was a cooking show on and this recipe featured one evening. I'm just thankful that all those hours spent watching a bike race also inspired him to cook.

Today I've been at the shop teaching the Scraptech Shape class to six lovely ladies. It was a lot of fun and a little frenzied at times. note to self make sure you have sharp shape cutting tools when people are cutting their precious paper. It could have all gone pear shaped, but in the end the girls were just happy that it wasn't just them that couldn't manipulate the tool properly. (I like to test people hehe) They all produced such beautiful pages even in the face of adversity.

I also finished another layout on the weekend for my friend Sue B. This one is of her daughter Stacey who turned 16 back in July. The theme for her party was Fluro so besides everyone dressing in fluro colours they had a thousand glow sticks all over the place as well. It was very funky and retro, hence my layout is very bright. I used the French Twist papers by Autumn leave. I really loved working with such vibrant colours. I have sent an email with the layout through to the girls who tell me they really like the layout and it's ok to share with everyone.












O.k enough rambling for one night I better go and dish up dinner. Which by the way is part there of the spaghetti sauce Neil made. God love him.

Cheers

Leeanne x

8 comments:

Vesna said...

Hi Leeanne,

The sneak peak looks fantastic, I can't wait to see it IRL. And your LO looks fab as well.

Vesna

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had so much fun!! Projects look too cute so far, and your latest layout is yummy! I'm a bit in love with brights at the moment too!!

xoxox
Will

connie said...

WOW Leeanne.. you lucky thing.. im in love with that little suitcase!!

Loving your new layouts also.. you are one talented lady!!

Connie...xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Leeanne, yes I agree with Connie I love that suitcase, although you know that I am an OFP girl. I love Sue's layout it is so bright and colourful just as a 16 year old girl should be.
Talk to you soon.
Deb Ross

Megan said...

Hi Leeanne,

Your creations look great - and you did a brilliant job with the birthday one. I love the bright colours!

Hoping the spag was delicious!

Megan xx

wendy treseder said...

I LOVE this LO!! It's even more gorgeous IRL. You'll definately have to leave it out for a few days to walk past and admire. hehe

I've finished my projects - hah!

Anonymous said...

You are sooooo lucky to have a husband who cooks! WOW! Im green with envy.

Aim x

Julie said...

Thanks for popping in to say hi!
Love your projects - mini albums etc are my favourite (i am currently finishing off an album with pics from our cruise)!
Hubby sounds like a great cook .. making me hungry!! LOL :O)