Friday 10 August 2007

The weekly roundup (aka can't think of a good title)

Yesterday I headed down to Paper doll for coffee morning, which was standing room only(if you didn't get there early) very noisy and lots of fun. Believe it or not I actually took work to do. I started the new Kim Archer class (pocket full of surprises) which I might add I didn't finish nor have I finished it but I will share as soon as I have. There's denim, felt and pockets galore it's such a gorgeous layout. Deb Robertson was there and she had actually completed her version, and it was absolutely fantastic. Deb has a real knack for coordinating papers and colours so her layouts always look stunning.

Last night we headed down to our favourite local Thai restaurant in Patterson Lakes, Kun Yao. We started with vegetarian curry puffs and spring rolls. Then it was onto Panang beef and the Kun Yao special (chicken), coconut rice and roti. Needless to say it was great the food is always good. We are so lucky to have such nice restaurants locally to frequent.

Neil has been saying lately I have been leading the life of Riley as I'm not really working much at the moment. so if he reads the following he'll knows its true. Today started with a coffee with a few mums from school from 9am to 10.45am. Then I had to head down to Frankston to pick up a few things for Madeleine and while I was there I ran into my ex sister-in-law Alida. I haven't
seen her for a few years, so we sat down for a coffee and catch up.

Sadly I learned that her dad was in a home and was being transferred to another hospital this week that caters for dementia patients. As is often the way with dementia he has become hard to handle physically and to top it off will now only speak Italian, so communication is even harder. I have a special place in my heart for Mr G he was always so kind and respectful to me and we spent many hours talking. He also was the one who taught me to drive and gave me invaluable tips and tricks on how to read the traffic and other safety issues. He lost the love his life about 5 years ago and has never really been the same since. It's sad for the family to have to go through this with him so my thoughts are with them all for the tough times ahead.

After that I caught up with another girlfriend for coffee. Andi usually works full time now but was home as one of her children hasn't been well. It was great to see her and find out whats been going on in each others lives.


Madeleine is at another friends party tonight. The party is a red carpet affair so they had to dress up like celebritys. Here is Madeleine's take on the necessary look. Don't you just love those big pink glasses and the feather boa. She also looked about 6ft tall in a pair of 3' wedge sandals.
That's it for now

Have a great weekend everyone.


Cheers

Leeanne x

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My you seem to be drinking alot of coffee lately.

Anonymous said...

Madeline looks every bit the star...LOL.
Have a good weekend.
Amy

Anonymous said...

Man, who is that glam looking movie star on your blog???!!!

: )

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo Maddy "You Go Girl" can't wait to see the layout that you will do from this photo.
Seems like you are having fun, good on you.
Looking forward to catching up on the weekend.
Deb Ross

wendy treseder said...

Maddy really does look she's walking down the red carpet in that glamorous get up. I love how she's putting on a "puss" too. Did you have to stand on a stool to take the photo? hehehe

Have another coffee and finish off that Kim Archer page. I'm dying to see it!

connie said...

how cool is Madeline!!...a rock star for sure!!

catch up soon..

Connie...xxxx