Monday 20 August 2007

Thank God for Wendy....

and her fabulous designs. I had been saving some of Wendy's on line classes to take away with me to the D and S Scrapbooking retreat day, that I attended this weekend with Lynne. It was our first retreat and D and S Scrapbooking retreat's inaugural weekend getaway. Deb and Sally and their 2 helpers Kirsty and Vicki did a great job on making the day a lot of fun. There was give aways, good food, good company, good music and even good movies. They played Dirty Dancing and Pretty Woman while we were there (love those movies). The girls who were there from Friday night to Sunday afternoon were well and truly entrenched by the time we got there and having a great time. Lynne and I were there from 11am to 10.30pm and in that time completed 2 layouts both of which are the lovely Wendy T's designs. I actually had 3 more of Wendy's designs to do but we only manged the two. Which was pretty good going for us.

Anyway here are the layouts I completed at the retreat. I love how they turned out.













Then yesterday I worked on a layout for the Scrapbooking Sketches Aussie Style Blog. Sketch 8 is by the very talented Ngaire Bartlam and here is my take on her sketch. I used the new Daisy D papers and Stickers that I picked up at Paper Doll last Thursday. I love the bright and funky colours. This layout is a little bit freestyle in design I hand stitched around the border and the flower stems, distressed the paper, doodled on the photo mat and the buttons and of course added a bit of bling here and there.



While I was away on Saturday Madeleine's Netball team won their game 20 to 2 which consolidates them on top of the ladder. The team is on fire at the moment, the few changes that were made at the start of this season seem to be working.
Today I dropped in to have a coffee with Wendy for a quick catch up. Then I went over to Cranbourne to meet my friend Sue B for a coffee and to give her the page I had made for her and her daughter a couple of weeks ago. It's hard to part with one your pages but I know it's going to a good home and will be cherished and looked after.
I think that's enough waffling for one day.
Cheers
Leeanne x

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leeanne, it was lovely having you join us at the retreat. Yes a great time was had by all so I am told. You were so industrious Well done who says you never get anything done at Crops?
Thanks for the plug keep them coming.
Deb Ross

Anonymous said...

hi lea lea yes the layout has taken pride of place on the tv unit, i put it in that white shabby chic frame, it looks fantastic, you know i think you are just so clever with your layouts. Have a good week, speak later on no doubt

Anonymous said...

oh no those xxx are meant to be at the end u can tell i am new at this

sue xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Leeanne,
Thanks for coming to our retreat, it is wonderful to hear that you had a good time, I love the photos of you and Lynne. Maybe we will see you at the November one. Luv Sally

Karen said...

Love those layouts - what a good idea to "store" them for retreats or crops.

Julie said...

Retreats are so much fun heh! I was away at a retreat last weekend too! Great LO's and particularly love your goooorgeous 'Bloom' LO from your last post!!!

Vesna said...

Beautiful LO as always Leeanne. Sounds like you had fun on the weekend.

And also congrats to Madeleine's netball team for a great win.

Vesna

Jody White said...

Hi Leeanne (look I spelt it correctly) it was great to catch up with you and Lynn at the retreat. Your layouts turned out gorgeous and I really do love your bling one, especially IRL.

Wendy told me what happened to your layout, I bet you must have been kicking yourself.

Take care and chat soon

Jodyx

connie said...

What a weekend.. sounds liek a great time at the first D&s retreat!!.. loving the layouts Leeanne... you are one rocking scrapper!!!

talk soon...

Connie...xxx

wendy treseder said...

Hi Leeanne,

"You love me, you really love me!" lol

What I love about you is how you can take my design and make it into something even more awesome than the original. (Actually I might be a little jealous of that.)

I love, love, love your Daisy D's LO - it's perfection.
Wx

Anonymous said...

Hi gorgeous! Those layouts are brilliant, love 'em. Gosh you're talented. I'm gonna rub shoulders with you next time I see you and see if some of it sticks onto me lol! Long time no see, will be in, (so I have promised Wendy) next Thursday coffee morning, so I hope you are there, it would be great to catch up and have a laugh, which I always do with you. Okay bye for now Hugs xx Jen

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Leeanne (again). I have lost your email address darl. Could you send it to me do you think? Also mine has changed. It is now jenniferballantyne@bigpond.com hopefully it's ok to leave it here, wasn't sure how else I could do it. Okay see u soon babe jenx