Monday 13 August 2007

Freezers, Cooking, Movies and Jams

That's what my weekend included.

Saturday I discovered the door to my freezer was open and that the food in it had half defrosted, which meant I either had to throw out the contents or actually cook it all. So cook i did, my afternoon and evening was taken care of there. Now don't get me wrong I love to cook I just don't love it when I have to do it. Anyway the freezer is now full of meals that I can pull out when I can't be bothered cooking. We have the following:-1. Shepherd pie, 2. Spaghetti sauce. 3. Chilli con Carne, 4. Scallopini and 5. Chicken and mushroom casserole.

So we will be eating well for a while.
Sunday Neil had the guys over for a jam in the family room from 2pm - 7pm, so they were having a great time making music and doing a bit of recording at the same time. My girlfriend Sheree came over with her husband Bill so we had a chick flick afternoon. Sheree had never seen the Notebook or Shall we Dance, so there were a few tears on and off in our house yesterday. Sheree and I don't get to see each other that often, so it was great to be able to spend a few quite hours together catching up (if you don't count the loud music coming from the family room). Then they all stayed for dinner which included Orange Soup and crusty bread, Lamb Ragout with Green Olives served on a bed of mashed spuds and then an old fav of mind apple crumble with cream and ice cream. The diet started today.

So another unproductive weekend of scrapbooking ahhh well I'm sure I'll get a chance soon. Then today I had to go and pick up Madeleine from school as she had vomited at school and was feeling lousy with stomach cramps. Which I appear to have developed this evening as well so I've taken a buscopan to see if that will stop them, so far they haven't worked. Fingers crossed as I have a class tomorrow morning at Paper Doll so I need to be healthy for that.

Every time I've posted in the last week I've meant to include this. Wendy kindly nominated me as a Rockin' Girl Blogger which is so cool. Thanks again Wendy. Now I have to nominate another three girls but I think most of the people I know have already been nominated. Anyhoo I nominate Jen Ballantyne, Cindy and Kirsty.

One Last thing I haven't asked him so I hope he doesn't mind. For those who don't know Neil is a keen photographer and often takes himself off all over Melbourne to take photos and then posts the ones he thinks are worthy onto Flikr. Last week he took the camera into work and captured some great shots in and around the city. These two are of the Eureka tower in Melbourne and the giant Ferris Wheel. Just wanted to share as I think they are really cool.
Cheers
Leeanne x







9 comments:

kirsty said...

hi i think the photos are great i cant wait to catch up with you on the weekend and to see what cool pages you come up with
talk soon xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Leeanne, sounds like a fun weekend just hanging around the house. Neil's photo's are great is the "phantom scrapper" going to scrap them?
Have a great day
Deb Ross

wendy treseder said...

Hi Leeanne,

Hope you're feeling better. We struggled on valiantly without you this morning. Everyone's layouts looked awesome, however some of the girls didn't follow your directions precisely so I had to give them a firm slap on the wrist! LOL
Neil's photos are very cool.
Wx

Vesna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vesna said...

Hope you are feeling better. Those photos look fab.
Sounds like you had a very full weekend.

Vesna

welcome to my world said...

wow thise pic's are great. hope your feeling better soon.

connie said...

im moving in with you leeanne...lol.. all that yummy pre cooked food... when can we move in??.... i can have the family packed in a hour...lol

love the photos...stunning!!!

Connie....xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Leeanne, I am glad to hear that you and Maddy are on the mend can't be sick for the weekend lots of lollies to eat.
Looking foward to catching up
Deb Ross

Anonymous said...

Hope your all feeling better now. You need to look on the bright side now, maybe it can help with the diet if nothing else. See you tonight if your doing the online class with Wendy, I am the one in the PJ's.