Sunday 2 September 2007

Weekend Wrap up

Thank you to everyone who has left such lovely comments wishing me well re my new job. Well it's not far away now, I'll have to get up at 6am to get organized by 8am. You know I'm not a morning person so it takes me ages to get ready. By the time I shower, blow dry my hair, organize my lunch and Madeleine's, Iron my clothes, have breakfast and vague out for a while it will be time to go. I'll be catching the same train with Neil, not so sure he's that thrilled about that, but he will just have to get used to it for three weeks. (lol)

We didn't go out last night so I finished two of the August No Scraps class layouts. If you haven't tried one of these classes you really should give it a go. This month it was three layouts and a card. Here are my first two. The first one is of Madeleine and her friend Laura when they were heading out to the Red Carpet Party and striking a few poses before they left. The second one is a collage of some of the photos I took when we were in Queensland in July. Excuse the way the layouts look they are straight it's just the way I've photographed them.














Today being Father's day I cooked breakfast instead of Neil. It's a bit of a ritual in our house that Neil cooks breakfast on either Saturday or Sunday. So we had Bacon, Eggs, Mushrooms, Chipolatas and Baked Beans. Very nice if I do say so myself. Then he went out to lunch with his Dad, Mum and sister at the Dingley Hotel.

While Madeleine and I headed off to catch the train into the city to see the Phantom of the Opera with some friends. We had lunch at a Bourke Street Cafe and then headed around the corner to the Princess Theatre. I'm pleased to say it was just as outstanding as I remembered. The costumes and sets are just beautiful. Anthony Warlow was fantastic as were the whole cast. All in all a GREAT show, If you're in Melbourne and get a chance to go, do yourself a favour. You won't be disappointed.

Here's a photo of Madeleine and I that Neil took before we headed out. And no I'm not standing in a ditch. My 12year old daughter just happens to be at least 3 inches taller than me. Very sad really.











Well I better sign off and think about going to bed. Work tomorrow you know. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Cheers
Leeanne x

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodluck Leeanne, hope you have a great first day. By the way, love the way you did the layouts from the online class. Very cool.

Anonymous said...

Hi Leeanne, lovely photo of you and Maddy. GOOD LUCK on your first day back in the workforce for awhile. Look forward to hearing all about it.
Love Deb Ross

Anonymous said...

I hope oyu had a great first day back at work. Im sure its just like riding a bike and you will feel like you have been back forever in no time at all.

What a shame coffee morning isn't a wednesday!?!? LOL

Aim x

Julie said...

Hope your new job is going well.
Love the LO's (particularly the circle one) ... gorgeous!

wendy treseder said...

Hi Leeanne,
Good to hear from you yesterday. Your LO's are absolutely awesome. Well done you!
And the photo of you and Maddy is lovely too.
Wx

welcome to my world said...

hay there
i have to grab some tupperware $ off you and lynne it is all getting delivered on friday at debbies house so just let me know if you will be at debbies or just leave it with wendy and ill pick it up at about 1230 on friday :)
yours is $57.95
Lynne's is $28.95