Sunday 30 September 2007

Slack Blogger

(edited to add: Not Happy Jan!!!!!!! Mark Da Costa has just been voted out of idol. Lots of pouting going on here and sad faces :o( as he was my Fav. )



Hi everyone, sorry I have been neglecting my BLOG for the past week, things have been hectic around here, with school holidays, work etc....

...........................................................................


Tuesday Madeleine went to the Melbourne Zoo with Neil's sister Annette they didn't take many photos but here's the only one they took of Madeleine with a butterfly sitting on her hat.




Because she was out with Annette it gave me the chance to catch up with Wendy after I finished at work. It was nice to catch up and see the shop back to how it used to look. I really like the atmosphere with it being that little bit smaller. I also went to pick up the few things Lynne had kindly put away for me the week before when the new stock had arrived. Great new papers from American craft and some for of my current fav alpha's Thickers along with their vinyl lettering and felt alpha's. Very cute and great colours as well.

..................................................................




Wednesday Madeleine and I had a great day in the city.
We caught the train to Flinders Street and headed over to
Federation Square to get a glimpse of the final 12 from this
years Australian Idol. We positioned ourselves in a front
row position along the fence were they would all be walking
down before going on stage.

Much to Madeleine's delight her Favourite Matt Corby held her hand as he went past her. She jokingly of course told me she was never going to wash that hand again.
After they all went past we manoeuvred into a pretty good viewing position for the concert. First up were the Young Divas with Jessica Malboy performing with them for the first time. I was a little surprised they weren't singing live. It was definitely a recording.
Anyway after them was Madeleine's favourite from last year
Dean Geyer. He performed 3 songs from his new album and was really good. After him was Damian Leith and then the final 12 performed. I tell you some girls have the most ear piercing screams, and most of the screaming was all directed at young Matt.

Madeleine's face said it all really. She had a huge smile on her face the whole time we were there and really got into it. The atmosphere with all those young girls and there were a few guys there as well was quite exciting. Although I must say the most vocal of the guys in the audience were screaming madly for Dean Geyer (lol).

After that we headed off to lunch and took some of the lane ways and side streets of Melbourne to go through the Block Arcade and then ended up at a cafe in Block Court. I just love the arcades and lane ways of Melbourne you really get a feel for the city. All the funky little boutiques and curio shops are just fabulous.
....................................................................

Back to work on Thursday and Madeleine spent the day with her friend Victoria, they ended up doing a bit of scrapbooking together. Then we went around to see John who I haven't seen since Jackie's funeral. He is doing OK and keeping himself busy doing all these odd jobs around the house that Jackie had wanted done for over 12 months. He is on a big learning curve at the moment and finding it a bit of a struggle. Understandably I think he is finding it hard not to let the sadness overwhelm him at the moment.

...........................................................

Friday believe it or not I had to have another day off work. This time with Gastro, the pain woke me up at around 1.30am so I spent sometime in the bathroom close to toilet, that kept happening through out the night and didn't let up until lunch time Friday.
Now hopefully that is it for me and illness for quite sometime, I think I've had enough now.
..........................................................


Yesterday (saturday) we headed off to the Melboure Show.
Grand Final day is certainly the day to go the crowds aren't
that big, and the girls didn't have to queue for rides.

This year we took Tijana and luckily the weather held out. It
was overcast all day but it didn't rain. They had a ball on the
rides from the giant slide, the taipan roller coaster, the claw,
they must have had around 20 rides.
Lots of healthy food consumed of course.. Fairy Floss to
Dip n Dots. I know they have Dip n dots in Sydney but it was
the first time I'd seen them in Melbourne. They are tiny little balls of icecream & quite yummy. They had Fairy Floss and Bubble gum in their containers.














This year we even managed to talk the girls into going to have a look at the dogs. There was certainly some interesting sites in the dog pavilion. Here's a few as a sample. The poodle had the most bizarre hairdo. Although the schnauzer has a nice looking comb over. The little fellow in the hat was just cute and the guy and his dog asleep in their pen says it all.







































Speaking of the Grand Final how's those Cats 119 point win. Great game for all those Geelong supporters they just anhilated Port Adelaide. I'm not a Geelong supporter but I certainly was yesterday and for some strange reason found myself getting all sentimental at the end of the game. They certainly deserved to win as they have been the best team in the competition all year, and after 44years it was defintely their time.
........................................................................
I found it a bit hard after our long day at the show to muster any enthusiasm to get ready to go out to Lena's 40th Birthday party last night. Once there though we had a lovely time and she also had the most sensational birthday cake it was a hugh slab of Vanilla slice very very nice indeed. It wasn't a late night by any stretch and we were home just after midnight.
..........................................................................
Ok once again if you stayed with me for this long well done and I'll try to be more regular in my updating but no promises.
Hi to all the girls at Thursday coffee mornings I miss you all and of course to all the other regular customers who i don't get to see anymore a big wave to you all. :(
Cheers
Leeanne x

7 comments:

Megan said...

Hi Leeanne,

I just LOVE the look of those tiny balls of ice cream!!!
It looks like you have all been fairly busy, and what a great concert put on by all those Idols too.

Hoping you have a great week,
Megan xx

connie said...

wow leeanne.. what a jammed packed week!!!!
loving all the photos...

hope to catch up soon

Connie....xxxx

welcome to my world said...

great to see you have been busy. it's good to get a visual with all of the photos.

wendy treseder said...

What a week! It took me nearly a week to read about it!lol
I'm very jealous of your photo collages, you'll have to teach me how you do that one day please.
Fingers crossed for a healthy week. Wx

Karen said...

What a full on week, Leeanne. I was surprised on the Idol decision too. I haven't had Dip n Dots for years - they are so yummy.
Keep well.
Karen

Vesna said...

Hi Leeanne,
Great photo of Madeleine.

Gee i think you have had enough happen to you to last at least another year. Hope everything gets better for you, or it might just be the thought of work that might be causing all you sickness.....lol

That ice-cream looks yummy.

Vesna
x

Jody White said...

Wow you know how to blog girl!!!

Yeah a shame about Mark, the guy with the bushy eyebrows, should have gone weeks ago.

Go Matt for me!!!