Wednesday 5 September 2007

Quick Catch Up

So far so good on the new job front. I have been on training for the last 3 days and while it has been very interesting, it can be a long day sitting listening to people talk at you for 7hrs 21 mins. It has been really nice catching up with some of the people I used to work with, it's like I never left (almost).
I went on a 1/2hour walk yesterday at lunch time, which was great but probably didn't help in the staying awake department. Not that I can drop off as there is only 4 of us and it would be pretty obvious. Last night I was in bed at 8.30pm and asleep by 8.32pm. I was exhausted.

I also had a bit of a minties moment on the way home. I was rushing home yesterday to pick Madeleine up by 4.45pm for her basketball final. When with only 2 streets to go before home a friend and her children stopped their car, to turn into McLeod Rd. To which of course I waved and then immediately fell over and onto the road. DOH!!!!!! Luckily I don't get overly embarrassed easily,but lets just say I could have done without it. (lol) Anyhoo got home, picked up the car keys and we arrived just before 5pm for the basketball final only to find out they had changed the time to 5.30pm. Not Happy Jan. To top it off the team lost by 1 point.

Today I'm happy to report that I was attentive all day and am still awake at 9.50pm. I still haven't completed the last layout from Wendy's No Scrap On Line Class or the card, but I think realistically that is not going to happen until the weekend.

I can't wait to check out the new inks at shop, Wendy and I tested them when we went to the workshop of Print Blocks and they were just lovely to use.

Tomorrow is coffee morning and I won't be there :( *heavy sigh* I'm really going to miss everyone. Have a coffee for me girls. black no sugar (hehe)

On a serious note one of the regulars from coffee morning Vesna lost her younger brother last weekend after a serious road accident. I am so sorry for your lose and my thoughts and prayers are with you at this awful time.

Ok well I'm off to bed. mmmmm bed can't wait. Getting up at 6am no so good.

Cheers

Leeanne x

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leeane, sorry but I am still chuckling over you falling over, from when you told me on Wednesday I had a chuckle all through the day.
Now you know why I go to bed so early because I get up at the same time 6am.
Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new job.
Talk Soon
Love Deb Ross

Anonymous said...

We did all miss you at Coffee morning. And I had one for you, just the way you like it. Black No sugar.

Anonymous said...

Now Leeanne,

What are we going to do with you,drunk again...falling on the road i don't know.And you wonder where Madeleine gets it from....hello do you think it might have something to do with the genes ha..ha..

We all missed you at coffee morning,it just wasn't the same without you.

Looking forward to catching up soon, me thinks one of our 2hour phone calls is in order... no yawning or falling asleep on me neither.

Lynne..xox

Anonymous said...

hi leeanne, just wanted to say hi, so....hi!
Aim x

Megan said...

Oh Leeanne! You poor thing having a buster like that with an audience....I think you and I would get along just fine because that is the kind of stuff I do!

Glad to hear the job is going well, and I can imagine it would be exhausting getting back into it again.

Sorry to hear about your friend's little brother...that is very sad.

Megan xx

wendy treseder said...

Hi Leeanne,

Hope you enjoyed your trip! (groan)

We missed you at coffee.

See you soon.
wx