Wednesday 19 September 2007

SICK SICK SICK

That Murphy has a lot to answer for really. New job and so far 3 and a 1/2 days off . They must be thinking they've got a lemon in me so far.

The all over aches and pains started on Sunday and I thought great I'm getting a cold so started dosing up on vitamin c tablets and hot lemon drinks. I so didn't want to got to work but thought I should as a) it was a Monday b) I'd only just had the previous Thursday off. Anyway I lasted until lunch time and was fading quickly.

Got home and collapsed in a heap and slept all day. Monday night I alternated between burning up and teeth chattering chills. I was supposed to go to Springvale yesterday so had to ring them to tell them I wouldn't be in. (can't tell you how embarrassed I was to ring) Anyway I went to the doctors yesterday and my temperature was 39.6 no wonder I felt bad. He has given me antibiotics but told me not fill it unless my cough gets worse. I was told just to dose up on panadeine, fluids and ventolin. Again most of yesterday was spent sleeping and just plain feeling lousy.

I was supposed to be making around 100 honey joys for Madeleine for Market day at the school, so my lovely sister Julie came over after work yesterday and did those for me. Thank you again Julie I really appreciate it.

Madeleine had basketball last night so another mum Sue took her for after school and then brought her home for me.

Today Madeleine has just been picked up my another friend of mine Andi to take her to school for me as she was loaded up with 4 litres of milk, 100 honey joys, 8 litres of ice cream and sundry other items. Their stall is selling all sorts of things from popcorn to milk shakes.

I am so lucky to have so much support around here I don't know what I'd do sometimes. We live in a great little community in Carrum, where there is always someone who will lend a hand.

Ok that's it for me I need to go and lay down again.Cross your fingers for me that I'm well enough to got back to work tomorrow.

Cheers

Leeanne x

10 comments:

welcome to my world said...

sorry to hear you are not well. i had this discussion the other day with my mum and it often happens after a really stressful event that has you wound up and after it is somewhat finalised (funeral) you body goes OK what has just happened and you get sick. It happened to jody after dylan day and it happened to my mum after nursing my uncle for 16 months and him passing 3 weekes ago. Just relax and take time to breathe. :)

Anonymous said...

Leeanne, hope you are going to feel better soon. Sounds like you've picked up a nasty flu.

Karen said...

Take care Leanne, be thankful you are be surrounded by people who can help out - but this is because in your group it works both ways. You are all fortunate to have each other. Connie is so right about your body reacting after stressful event. It is very normal. Give yourself time to recover physically and emotionally.
PS - I am not sharing!!!! Flu is not invited to my place this year.
Hugs

Vesna said...

Hope your feeling better soon. Put your feet up and have a rest. You have been on a highly stressed and emotional, so you need to take sometime for yourself.

Take care
Vesna
x

Anonymous said...

Hey Leeanne, it is all catching up with you, over the past 6 months you have been really stressed and have not really taken care of youself as you have been as usual worried about others.
It is now time to step back and look after Leeanne.
Let me know if there is anything I can do.
Love Deb Ross xxxx

wendy treseder said...

Take care of yourself Leeanne, only two more sleeps to the weekend and you can spend it in bed.

Anonymous said...

I hope by the time you get this message that you are feeling better (at least a little!).

Aim x

connie said...

i hope your feeling heaps better soon!!...

take care

Connie....xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi babe, I think you might have been a bit rundown after losing your friend and all that goes with that, not to mention you are a busy working mum in and outside of the home. Take care of you, you are more important than what the folk at your work think, I'm sure they realise what an honest soul you are if they know you so they won't be thinking anything bad at all. Hope you're feeling better. Love Jen xxx

Julie said...

Sorry to hear you have been sick Leeanne and hope you are feeling better. Sounds like you have had a rough few weeks ... take care.