Thursday 4 October 2007

Flying Solo.........sort of

at work that is. Yes the poor unsuspecting customers now have me to deal with. Still such a long way to go knowledge wise, but I suppose I have to do it sometime. The other staff are really helpful and don't seem to mind me constantly asking questions. The other news is touch wood I believe I'm going to get a full week of work in. Gotta love that. Tomorrow is casual dress day at work, so I suppose that means you can wear jeans etc.. no trackies though. It's a gold coin donation to a charity, just not sure which one.


This is also the second week of school holidays in Melbourne, so Neil has had this week off to look after Madeleine. Monday they went over to Knox shopping Centre to check it out and do a bit of retail therapy, and Neil whipped up a batch of his famous spaghetti sauce. Madeleine had her girlfriend Laura over to hang out with.



Tuesday they headed off to Point Nepean. One side of Point Nepean is Port Phillip bay and the other is Bass Strait. It has some pretty amazing scenery and rugged coast line. It was also once a military fortress so you can explore a maze of tunnels, lookouts and fortifications as well as enjoy coastal scenery and panoramic views of the Bass Strait, the Rip and Port Phillip Bay.



There is also warning signs like this down there.... Yikes!!!













That night Neil headed off with his mate Allan to see the Waifs perform at the Forum theatre in the city, and Madeleine had her friend Laura's little sister Emma over for the night.

Wednesday was my day off, so I got to make a quick visit to see Wendy, and Angela was there so it was nice to sit down with a cuppa and catch up. Then Wendy's sister Margie turned up as she hadn't seen Wendy for a while. It was nice to see her it must be 12 months since I've seen her an had a chat.

When I got home an old and trusted friend was just leaving. Our old corolla was leaving for the scrap heap. Sad really, Neil brought that car brand new in Dec 1986 after we got back from Europe. We have travelled around the country in that non air conditioned, manual transmission car, and it never let us down. From Melbourne to Cairns and back, Melbourne to WA and back and lots of places all over. It has been pretty much a garden ornament for the last few years so it was definitely time for the old girl to take her leave. Lots and Lots of good memories and adventures were had in that car.


Then we all headed off to Karingal to see the movie Stardust. I really enjoyed it and so did the girls, Neil however thought it was a crock and total waste of money. Ahhh well i suppose not everyone was going to like it.

I also got to go out to my favourite Thai restaurant in Patterson Lakes that night with Andi and Karen. The food was sensational as usual and the conversation never stopped. It was nice to see them with everyone working now it's hard to find time to see each other.

I was supposed to have done Wendy's no scraps class last night, but got home to late so I've printed out all the photos and picked the paper, I just have to find the time to sit down and complete the projects.

Today my crazy husband got up at 5am so he could drive down to Phillip Island (1 1/2 Hours) and do the 1hour each way walk around Cape Woolamai, which runs along' the tops of the cliffs. Here's one of the shots he took. Rugged isn't it? You can almost feel the sea spray on your face.

Tonight I got to do one of my all time fav things to do. Go to the hairdresser that is. I've said it before and I'll say it again I love love having my hair done. Thursday night seems to be the night to go as well. Aside from the usual neck and shoulder massage before they start, there was also chesse and biscuits along with a rather large glass of sav blanc. NICE

Ok that's it for now

Cheers

Leeanne x

4 comments:

Julie said...

Phew .... you have been a very busy family.
My family and i holidayed for a month last year and travelled the south coast and Victoria ....i really loved Phillip Island. Seeing that photo made for very clear memories ... the day we did the boardwalk thing it was so wild & windy ("blow a dog of a chain kind of wind") but loved it anyway!!
Glad to hear the job is going well.
Have a great weekend :O)

connie said...

WOW, Leenane you guys are always on the go!!...
im feeling tired just ready your post..lol..
i just too lazy sometimes..lol... most of the time!!!

Gald to hear the new job is going well!!

Connie...xxx

Anonymous said...

I remember all those signs from Point Nepean...I was almost too chicken to walk anywhere when we went in case I got blown up! LOL

Who do you think will leave idol this week? I think Jacob or Marty will go.

Aim x

Anonymous said...

Hi Leeanne,

I am exhausted reading all the activity of the family. I love the photo's (nice layouts with those).
I hope that this week is not as hectic for you.
Have a nice week
Love Deb Ross