Thursday 25 October 2007

Camera's, Dog Sitting, Run Aways and DRAMAS

We are the proud new owners of this.................


Yes it's the new Canon 40d. Neil made the purchase on Monday and it was delivered to his work Tuesday morning. What a beastie it is after our Panasonic Lumix, I'll have to start doing weights to lift it (hehe) or at least have my weeties for breakfast.



So far we have taken at least 300 hundred photos with it, and so far none of them are very good. Just goes to show you can have an expensive camera but if you don't know how to use it, it takes pretty average photos. Lots of practice needed with this one. When you do get it right though the picture is so clear and sharp.




.....................................................................




Guess who came for a sleepover last night???? and tonight as well.

Yes its young Bowie Treseder, I call this shot "Why the long face" he is looking a little nervous in this one.



Wendy, Peter and Chelsea are in Ballarat for the calisthenics comps for a couple of nights so Bowie is bunking in with us. Now Bowie has never been to our house before, so he was a little out of sorts last night and I don't think he settled for longer than a few minutes at a time. Of course it doesn't help that our dog Holly is not particularly fond of dogs she doesn't know, so wasn't exactly welcoming.

He just wanted to play and she "DID NOT". I won't even go into what the cat thought.

..................................................................

So today I left Bowie and Holly outside when I went to work and as luck would have it I got stuck at work longer than normal. I was in a meeting and I could feel my mobile phone going off in my pocket again and again and again.

I knew it was Madeleine and that something wasn't right as she kept calling and calling. So as quickly as I could I excused myself and called her back.

Poor thing she was beside herself. She had arrived home from school to discover there was only ONE DOG in the backyard, and it wasn't BOWIE. I had to stay calm and talk her down from her near hysteria. I got her to go around the yard to see if she could see where he had dug his way out. No she couldn't see anything. I suggested she go next door to see if he had gone in there. No he wasn't there. I told her to stay calm and as soon as I got home we would go out looking for him.

Well you can imagine how I felt loosing Wendy's dog in less than 24 hours. Anyhoo I rang a friend of mine Sue who lives in Wendy's Street and asked her if she would go and have a look, at Wendy's to see if he'd gone home. She also offered to go and make sure Madeleine was O.K. after I'd told her how upset she was.

So she went to have a look at Wendy's; NO BOWIE..... Sue and Madeleine went down to the river and the beach to have a look around NO BOWIE........The young boy from next door Jakob also got on his bike and went looking still NO BOWIE.

On the way home I rang the local Vet to see if anyone had brought him in no, NO BOWIE. But they did say they would put a notice up for me. When I got home Madeleine and i went over to the footy oval and playground you guessed it NO BOWIE.

Then I suggested we go and have another look at Wendy's before heading further down the river etc... We got to Wendy's and called for him still no answer. I walked up to the garage and noticed there was a gap between the roller door and the side fence. Guess who was standing there looking at me. YES.... BOWIE. What a relief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wendy's neighbour had also sent her boys out looking for him. So most of Carrum was on full alert for him. (lol)


I blame Holly obviously her less than warm welcome had hurt his feelings and he packed his kit bag and headed home. Poor thing, but how clever of him to find his way home. Not that its far between our homes but lets not forget he'd never been to our place before.

Anyway we've brought him home and have given him even more attention,than what he got last night (and that was alot), he has been soundly loved since his return. He certainly is more relaxed tonight and as I type this he is asleep on Holly's bed. He must be exhausted because he hardly slept last night. It's nice to see him relax a little. Here's and example from earlier tonight when he was asleep on the couch.

Tomorrow I'm definitely closing the front gates as well. Still not sure how he escaped, he is obviously related to Harry Houdini. He really is such a sweetie and very cute to boot.

Well that's it for me, just wanted to document a little of the drama that was today.

Cheers

Leeanne x

7 comments:

Jody White said...

OMG Bowie Houdini, your stomach must have been doing back flips. So glad he was found safe and sound, he is a real cutie.

Have fun playing with your new toy.

Take care

Jodyx

Vesna said...

Poor maddie on discovering that Bowie had dissappeared. I am so glad that he was found safe and sound.

Your life is always full of excitment, hehe.

Take care
Vesna
x

Deb Ross said...

Oh Leeanne,

I wouldn't have like your chances of telling Wendy that Bowie was missing after all it is her baby.
Poor Bowie, he will probably want to go back and stay at Auntie Susan's after his ordeal. Really Holly has to be a little more respectful of visitors and maybe a talking to the cat as well.
I can just see Maddy when she discovered that Bowie was missing.

Oh Well at least everyone is safe now, Bowie can go home and tell his family about the ordeal.

Deb xxxx

Anonymous said...

Yikes!!! Naughty Puppy he is!!! Alls well that ends well, I'm sure that Holly will make more of an effort now! LOL

Loving your new camera (gee, I wonder why)! Bring it along on sunday and I'll give you a few hints I've discovered along the way!

xoxox
Will

Julie said...

awwww ... what a cutie! I can see a LO coming on "NO BOWIE"!!
Have fun with your new camera.
Have a great weekend.
JULIE C :O)

Anonymous said...

Oh MY God, you needed that like a hole in the head, poor Maddy, poor you and poor Bowie. Alls well that ends well though thank goodness you found him safe n sound at home. You really do have adventures! Take Care xx

wendy treseder said...

Oh you poor things, and poor Maddy! It's bad enough losing your own pet let alone someone else's. I'm so ashamed of Bowie. When I told Chelsea what he'd done her first words were "Oh, poor Maddy!"
I know that you will have absolutely spoiled him too. Did I hear you say that he took Neil's place in bed too? lol He's a very naughty puppy!

Looks like I have to make sure I thank the entire neighbourhood. Isn't it good that we live in such a close knit community in Carrum?

Thanks for having him, the photos are very cute too.