Monday 8 October 2007

CONFRONTING....

is taking self portraits and seeing all those crows feet. I take my hat off to Wendy, Christie and Pip and all the other girls taking the 365 day challenge. Not sure I'm quite ready for what I see. A 47 year old women that is.




I took the photos Sunday morning just before I was heading off to breakfast with Deb, and out of about 15 there is probably 2 I would be willing to share. Anyhoo I had been speaking with Deb earlier in the week and she had suggested we get together for breakfast on Sunday at Fratelli's. They do a good breakie there and it was nice to sit and catch up with Deb.


Rewind just a little to Friday night and believe it or not I actually scrapbooked. It has been way to long. Not that I actually came up with the ideas. I booked into Kim Archers new Rip it and Stitch it instant workshop last week. It is such good value for $10 you get 2 great layouts, and I just love how the layouts turned out. Kim always has some quirky little new technique to share. There is always something new to learn and be inspired by. The photos of the layouts aren't that great, they colour looks much better IRL.















Saturday I headed down to Mornington to catch up with another girlfriend Sue B. Had a coffee in downtown Mornington and I don't think we stopped talking for a good couple hours all up. It never ceases to amaze me how much we can talk. ( I know some who know me, won't be that surprised by that revelation).

Saturday night Madeleine had a hankering for Thai so the 3 of us headed off to Patterson Lakes to Kun Yao for dinner. Even though I'd only been there last Wednesday night I never tire of the food there, and hey if don't have to cook !!!!!!

Sunday afternoon I spent scrapbooking again, this time on Wendy's October No Scraps class. I think the two layouts this month would have to be my favourites. I love Wendy's designs she is so innovative and clever, and what value for money - $10 get you a double page LO, a single LO and a card. Gotta love that and of course No Scraps. I'll share those LO's next time after I've finished the single (just needs the photos stuck down) and I haven't done the card yet.

Ok that's it for me for now, must go and see who will be getting the boot from Australian Idol.
I'm with Dicko I'm hoping Marty goes this week. Not because I don't like him ,he just needs to go.

Cheers

Leeanne x

9 comments:

Megan said...

Hi Leeanne,

Kim's a legend isn't she? These layouts look fabulous :-)

As does your self portrait! You are a fabulous looking 47 year old!!!! And I can't see even one crows foot at all!

Megan xx

Julie said...

Leeanne, you are far too critical, your self portraits looks fab!
You have been very busy - scrapping, out for coffee etc. lucky you.
When i read you little bit about doing coffee at Mornington i was very jealous ... last year we travelled down that way and i fell in love with that area, more to the point, those little beach huts. OMG they are just the cutest little things ... i think i might migrate south one of these days and become a Victorian ... we don't have anything that cute in NSW!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hi Leeanne,

I agree with Julie, you are to critical of yourself, you photo is great I don't know what you are talking about.
Love the layouts, they are gorgeous as usual.
I had a fantastic time a breakfast, it was lovely to catch up with you and wow what a delicious brecky.
Happy Scrapping
Love Deb

kirsty said...

Hi
your photo is beautiful i would not have said that you are 47years old i thought that you were inly in your 30's !

i also love your photo that you scraped of you and maddy you always look like you are having lots of fun with here
love kirsty xxx

Jody White said...

Hi Leeanne,

47!!!! I would never have picked it, and I agree with everyone else, you should not be so critical of yourself you look fantastic.

I also agree that Marty should have gone, maybe next week.

Jodyxx

Anonymous said...

Wish my self portraits looked like your's. Way too scarey, lol. I agree with everyone else you do not look 47. Gorgeous lo's, Leeanne. Sounds like you had a great week-end. :)

connie said...

i love that photo of you Leeanne.. you are super cute!! and i think you LOOK GREAT!!!

again you are super busy.. how do you find the time!!!

take care

Connie...xxx

Vesna said...

Hi Leeanne,

Love that photo of you, you look great.

Love your LO's too.
Don't know how you find the time to do any scrapping with everything else you do.

Vesna
x

welcome to my world said...

love the photo of you. Dont worry i have to take a dozen shots before i find one that i like