Tuesday 23 October 2007

BIT OF A LONG ONE AHEAD... HAD TO CATCH UP

Ok lets go back aways. Carrum Primary school had their major fund raiser of the year, last Friday night. This year it was a Trivia night held at the Carrum bowling club. The Carrum bowling club is right on the beach with magnificent views of the Port Phillip Bay, and it's also a little bit famous. Alot of the scenes for the film Cracker Jack were filmed there.

It was a fun night, and it was hosted by someone who is also a little bit famous; Peter Treseder. Peter has been on lots of game shows and was a sale of the century champ. He is also famous because he is married to another famous person Wendy T from Paper doll (hehe). I have been to a few Trivia nights MC'd by Peter and I have to say he does an outstanding job, especially trying to keep an unruly crowd entertained and tuned in. Of course as the night wears on Peter's job gets even trickier as the crowd has more and more liquid refreshment

Anyhoo to cut an already long story short. Our table WON!!!! We were very excited. The winning table won a couple of bottles of wine each. It's not about the prizes though....it's the glory (lol).

..................................................................

Saturday Madeleine and I went to watch her netball team play. She wasn't able to play because of her torn ligament. The team won again and are on top of the ladder by about 3 games. They are doing really well. They only have one more game left before the finals start on the 10th November.

After the game my sister and I went off to do a little retail therapy. I brought my first Christmas present, that's one down and quite a few more to go.

Saturday night we caught up with friends of ours Kate and James and Denise and John for a fantastic Indian meal in Parkdale. We went to Sithara and the food was fantastic. It was the first time this year we've been able to all get together for various reasons, so it was lovely to catch up.

...................................................................

Sunday was another day of retail therapy for me. I went up to Southland and made quite a few purchases. Working in an office again has lead me to the realization that my clothes choices for work are very limited. So I brought 2 pairs of shoes, 2 pairs of trousers and two tops. That should keep me going for a while I think.

...................................................................

Fast forward Monday... nothing much to report.


Tuesday......Tonight ....an end of an era in the O'Connor household.
Tonight was the Carrum Primary School end of year concert and for Neil and I our last.
We think tonight's concert was the best one yet. Of course that could have been because as a Grade 6 student Madeleine was in it more. Heres a list of the items she was in:-

1. She busked in the foyer before the concert started. She played a few show stopping tunes on the keyboard and raised money for the school.

2. She was in the Choir

3. The grade 6 students and their Prep buddies sang a song together.

4. As the House Captain for Bass she and her fellow Captain James K. had to give a speech about what the Preps had been studying all year. Their speech was informative, entertaining, witty and funny. Neil and I were both really proud of them both.
I may be a little biased but their speech was clearly the best one. (hehe)

5. She was a mother penguin helping the Preps do their dance routine in the second act.

6. The grade 5/6 item this year was Thriller. They all did a fantastic job and it was really well choreographed and executed . A tremendous performance.

7. The whole school perform at the end of the concert and the grade 6 House Captains lead each of their teams in song.

It was a lovely night and my sister and Neil's sister came along to watch and support Madeleine, I haven't asked anyone to come along the concerts for about 4 years, so I thought as it was her last they might like to come along and be a part of her final primary school concert.

............................................................................

In other news we the O'Connors made another major purchase yesterday. I haven't taken a photo yet, but once I do I will share the new purchase with you. It's very impressive and I was very excited to see it and have a play. Can you guess what it might be????????????


..............................................................................


Cheers for now

Leeanne x

4 comments:

Deb Ross said...

Well Well Well Leeanne,
How do you find time to work? lol.
Yes it is about the glory of winning congrats to you all. Funny we won a trivia night many years ago with Peter as the MC!!!

I find my girls grade 6 concert very emotional, I could imagine that Madeline would have been in her element, and very tired after such a busy night. Congrats and well done to Madeline.

Can't wait to see the pictures that Neil takes with his new camera look forward to those and new layouts using them.

Talk soon
Love Deb xxxx

Deb Ross said...

Hi Leeanne

Next time we will take bubbly !!!!!!!

Deb xxx

Megan said...

No I can't guess what it might be Leeanne, but I am hoping it is something to help you relax because you lot have been so busy!!!!

I'm glad to hear that Madeleine's concert went so well - she must get her endless amounts of energy from you!!

Megan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Leanne, good to see you back on the air. Can you please give me some of your energy via osmosis. I honestly don't know how you do it, do you have some secret tip that you need to share! Anyway I have finally got Jack settled in school successfully so I may be able to have a bit of a life. Also have had really bad radio therapy complications (long, boring story) but agonizing and has stopped me in my tracks for a while. Okay take care Jenxx