Tuesday 31 July 2007

Weekend Wrap Up

Saturday was very quite except for Basketball training 9am - 10am, Piano lessons 10.30 - 11am and then Netball from 12.45pm - 1.30pm. Then I headed down to Paperdoll to check out the new papers Wendy had just got in, some of the Luxe designs are pretty funky and I picked up a few of course. When I arrived Wendy was teaching a class and Connie and her 2 children were there as well. We gas bagged for ages and had lol it was fun afternoon.

Sunday Madeleine and I and two bus loads of other people from the local netball clubs went into Vodafone arena to see the double header between the Melbourne Kestrels and the Firebirds and the Melbourne Phoenix and the TBirds. Now I have watched the netball on TV lots of time but you don't really get a feel for how quick the game is until you there. The skill and fitness of these girls is just amazing. It was actually the last time both the Phoenix and Kestrels would play as of next season there will only be one Melbourne team. So we were lucky to see both teams final games.

Yesterday I emailed the editor of Scrapbook Creations as I am yet to receive my colour competition layouts back. (they should have been back early July). Only to be told this:-

Hi Leeanne
I’m sorry about the delay in getting your layouts back to you. You were one of our top 30 finalists and as a result we have displayed your layout at the Brisbane convention as well as the Craft & Quilt fair in Melbourne. I hope you don’t mind, we were just so proud of all the fabulous entries that when Expertise approached us we offered our colour finalists. At this stage we are hoping to receive them back by next week, if you need them sooner please let me know and I can arrange something for you.
Have a great day

Kind Regards,

Leanne Mezrani
Editor - Scrapbook Creations


It's certainly been a funny competition as none of the girls who are finalists appeared to be told that they were finalists. What is more intriguing from my point of view is that apparently neither Kim or Willisa who went into the show saw my layouts there. All very strange so here's hoping I get both layouts back.

Other than having a Harry Potter reader thon yesterday not much else to report. Well I better go I'm off to the hairdresser this morning.

Cheers

Leeanne x

8 comments:

connie said...

I agree funny thing sgoing on with that comp.. but CONGRATS on beening a finalist!!.. i knew you would be!!!

Did Wendy let you know i foun dout who the winners are..lol...

take care

Connie...xxx

Anonymous said...

That explains why I haven't gotten mine back yet. Wouldn't have known that I was a finalist if I hadn't seen it in Brisbane.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Leanne - I knew your work should have been there (Melbourne). I even got one of the women there to look as well...VERY strange.

I was at the netball too. It is a very underrated game. Having been a long time member of Phoenix, I am so upset that they are being forced to fold. But at the after function I did get the "Last Stand Ball" (a netball signed by both Melbourne teams)...VERY excited!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Leeanne, well deserved for you to be a finalist, I will cross my fingers and toes that you are the winner.
Deb Ross

Megan said...

Hello Leeanne :-)

Congratulations on being one of the finalists in the SC comp! I agree, it all sounds a bit funny that your layouts weren't seen at the show. Maybe they were in another section somewhere?

My husband finished Harry Potter on the weekend....he even looks like Harry Potter with his little round glasses on lol...I hope you enjoyed the book!

Megan xx

wendy treseder said...

I was so sure you were going to be the winner!!

Congratulations to you again. Your pages were gorgeous and I only hope they make it back home safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the banner Leeanne so cool! Congrats on being a Finalist with all of us! How crazy of them not to let us all know????

Anonymous said...

Hey Leeanne, I just found out that you had a blog. I know, I'm a bit slow on the uptake. Saw it on Wendys site. At least now I can keep in touch with you. I did email you a while ago, but not sure that it went through. I just wanted to say thanks for yr sweet comments and the welcome home. I feel as though I've known you for ages even though I don't know you that well. It's weird, maybe you have that affect on people. Anyway congrats on the finalist thing in the mag, how cool. You'll be too famous to talk to me soon so I better get in while I still can;) Anyway slowly recovering, gotta have a bit of chemo soon but will try to get into the shop b4 that. I need new stuff!! Hey great blog by the way will enjoy keeping up with you and thanks for putting my blog on yr list. Okay take care, talk soon, hugs Jenx