Wednesday 11 July 2007

Reminiscing

Were does all the time go....... Over the weekend Neil began the onerous task of copying all our home movie videos onto our hard disk recorder so we can covert them onto DVD's. So as you can imagine alot of time has been spent reminiscing. We brought our video camera when I was pregnant so have footage of me and how big I was and also an interview between Neil and I on how we were expecting our lives to change etc......Aside from that though is classic film of Madeleine from the moment she was born (no we didn't film the actual event) up until she is around 5years old. For some reason we haven't used the video camera for years, now after watching from 1995 to 2000 I wish we had kept using it. Photos are great but nothing beats watching the real thing walk, talk, cry and laugh. And laugh we have OMG she was sooooo cute you just forget she had this deep little croaky voice that just used to melt my heart. There is great embarrassing moments caught on film to show at her 21st. For example dancing naked at 2 with just a head band on. Lots of different bath time experiences singing, playing, music for tinies, her first steps the list could go on on. I just feel so lucky to have captured so much of when she was a baby on film.( aside from the many still photos) A lot of the footage really is just everyday moments that we have spent the last few days saying awwwww, how cute and laughing so much it's been a real blast. That old saying about making the most of your children, because they're not yours for long is so true, it seems like just yesterday she was born and I just blinked and have a 12 year old.

Well aside from watching home movies nothing much has been happening in the O'Connor household. Still enjoying the laziness of the holidays and sleep ins. In fact as I type this at 10.15am Madeleine is still in bed asleep. Neil had yesterday off and we went to the Blue Chair in Carrum for lunch. I love that place the food is yummy. He certainly made the most of his day, he went for a run in the morning and then after lunch rode to Mornington and back as you do.
Me I went grocery shopping not quite as exciting or energetic.

Still no layouts to share things have been very quite on that front for the last week.
Enjoy the rest of the holidays
Happy Scrapping

Leeanne x

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god I have a photo of Jenna in the nude with a headband on we must compare, I had it on the board at her 21st. Yes I know who you feel when we get all the old videos out I must say there has been a few tears shed, especially when we did the video for her 21st, they grow so fast that is why we should take each day as it comes. Love to you all
Deb Ross (B)

Anonymous said...

Hi Leeanne,
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
You are so lucky that you have both video and photosto look at. There is no chance of you ever forgetting one second of your little girls life. Her 21st will be a crack up!
Amy x

Julie said...

Hi Leeanne,
thanks for visiting my blog ... i love meeting new people in the blogging world.
I agree that there is nothing like watching video footage of our kids when they are little but we too have hardly used the video camera in the last few years ... basically since i became scrapbooking mad which means lots of photos ... mmm ... might have to make a more concious effort to get the video camera out too!!
Have a great weekend.
Cheers, JULIE C :O)

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey,

I've finally got a chance to leave a message, instead of quickly stalking you!!!

Oh I want to come around to your place and watch baby Madeleine!!! But it has reminded me to get the video camera out and take some of C, I don't think she's graced the medium of video yet!!!

XOXOXOXO

Will