Saturday 7 July 2007

Thursday, Friday and Saturday

Thursday Madeleine and I headed over to Chadstone for a little retail therapy. We went mainly because Madeleine had been given a Borders Book voucher for Christmas and we just hadn't had a chance to get over there. What a fantastic place Borders is, it's like going to the library choices choices choices. She ended up with 4 books the first two Lemony Snicket books, The first book in the Artemis Fowl series and the last book purchased was the just released book The Shadow Thief. The Shadow thief if written by Alexandrea Adornetto who they are apparently touting as the next J.K. Rowlings. Big shoes to fill for a 15 year old school girl from Melbourne. The book was actually written when she was 13 very impressive. Madeleine hasn't started that one yet so I think I might read it first to see what its all about.

After Borders it was off to spend her Myer vouchers, she ended up with the first series of Charmed. She already has seasons 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 so another 2 and she has the complete series. With the remaining money she also brought herself some body mist spray and besides buying a couple of things in Diva we were all done.

Friday it was off to the movies with Sue and Ainslie to see Bridge to Terabithia. I really enjoyed it although it was very very very sad, and I cried and cried. Tears were streaming down my face and I was lucky it didn't go into the ugly cry. Lucky I'd been warned it was sad and so went prepared with lots of tissues.Madeleine's teacher has been reading the book to them so she knew most of what was going to happen. I thought it was going to be like Narnia but it's nothing like it.



Today I hibernated most of the day until I took Madeleine and her friend Tijana to see the current production of the People's Playhouse theatre presentation of The Jungle Book. Their friend Alex was in it (as an elephant) and another family friend Ben was also part of the production he was one of the Monkeys. Now I must say in past years these shows can drag on a little, so I'm pleased to say tonight it started at 8pm and finished around 9.45pm so were home just after 10pm. The girls enjoyed watching Alex perform and were decked out with glow sticks so she could see them in the audience.



I haven't done any scrapbooking in the last few days, It's harder during the holidays. Neil is off the football tomorrow evening so I may get a chance then. Talking of things Scrapbooked related Nic Howard's book has just been released and it looks fantastic. I was lucky enough to attend a couple of Nic's classes at Kiwiscraps in April. Her work is fantastic and her classes were great. So if you're looking for a new book to enjoy check it out.

That's it for now
Happy Scrapping
Cheers
Leeanne x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm glowsticks they must last much longer than 12 hours

Anonymous said...

You crack me up Leeanne...I love that "we were home by 10" was the highlight of the Jungle Book.

I'm dying to see that movie, but it sounds like I'd better take some socks to chew on, in case I need to sob!
Wx