Thursday 26 July 2007

Quick Catch Up

Not alot has been happening since Madeleine and I came home from Queensland. Just getting back into routine. Madeleine had a curriculum day on Tuesday so we spent most of the day just unwinding from the trip and then she had Basketball in the evening. Wednesday I headed down to the shops to pick up the new Harry Potter book (which I still haven't started) and to visit Wendy who I hadn't seen for a couple of weeks. It was so nice to catch up and have a coffee with her, I also dropped in my DT project, here's a sneak peak. You'll have to drop down to the Shop to see all the great projects the DT have made. They are all fantastic and gorgeous. A clever bunch I must say.

After leaving Wendy's I had to go and pick Madeleine up to take her to Patterson River Secondary College for a Science project the Primary School and the High school are working on together. The Grade 6 kids are working with Year 9 students of the next 5 weeks. Next week they are off in canoes along Kananook creek collecting samples to study etc.. Sounds like lots of fun and the primary kids are totally enjoying working with the high school students. From there it was off to Netball training and so it goes.
Today I went to visit Jackie for her birthday (Happy Birthday Jackie) but unfortunately their whole household is in quarantine with gastro, so I dropped of her pressie and flowers and left. Poor things they are so sick. Following on from there I went to visit another girlfriend who is the proud new owner of a Toyota Prado , so we went for a test drive down the freeway and back to Patterson Lakes for a coffee. The car is lovely to ride in so comfy and roomy of course. Her husband has been looking to buy a 4WD for at least the last 5years and finally his dream has come true.

Madeleine has gone off with her friend TJ and her family tonight to see the new Simpson's Movie. She only got to go on the proviso she finished her homework which is due in tomorrow was finished. I've never seen anyone put their head down and apply themselves so much. (lol) I know she thought I was mean but there was no way she was going if she hadn't fulfilled her responsibilities first.

Last night Wendy had one of her fabulous No Scraps on line classes. If you haven't tried one of these you really should give it a go. As the name implies you have absolutely no scraps left after making 2 layouts and 2 cards it's fantastic.

I love on line classes, because you can work at your own pace and not feel any pressure. You also don't have to do them, then and there as the classroom in left open for a few days. You can complete the class when it suites you. As Molly Meldrum would say "Do yourselves a Favour".


Cheers


Leeanne.


P.s Here is one more photo from QLD it's of Amanda and Charlie. Charlie had just had a big feed and looked like a puppy who had eaten too much, with her full round belly.







4 comments:

kirsty said...

hi your dt layout looks ace i havent seen you for ages will have to catch up soon your photos of the baby are sooooooo beautiful it makes me want more lol ha ha no i shouldnt say that children are good when they are asleep i will chat soon take care xxx

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog!

Anonymous said...

Hi Leeanne,

It was so lovely to catch up with you the other day. Your DT layout is STUNNING! I love your work so much, it's always to fresh and there is so much detail.

Wx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic time up in Queensland. Your sneak-peek looks fabulous. Thanks for dropping by my blog. xxx