Wednesday 4 July 2007

A little bit of Sharing



Firstly here is a LO I completed last night. I've used the new Luxe Design papers, they are lovely to work with and double sided. I've used a sketch by Megan Stephenson who is this fortnights guest designer on the Oz Sketch site. Madeleine looks so much older than a girl just about to turn 12. She was heading off to the school disco so had a little bit of makeup on, her hair straightened, and because she's tall (which I realize you can't see in the photo) looked alot older.


The next share is a Kim Archer class from earlier this year or maybe late last year I can't remember. Anyway the theme was who would have imagined, I wanted to complete the LO with a photo of myself and my girlfriend of over 40 years Lynne, but I didn't have a recent photo. For my birthday in May we went to the Blue Chair restaurant in Carrum for lunch with a couple of my other great friends Julie and Sue. Anyhoo I took the camera and captured some great shots of myself with the girls. This one of Lynne and I was perfect for the LO of Kim's. We meet in Prep at St. Brigids primary school in Mordialloc in 1965 and have been great friends since. So anyway here is the layout.
Talking of Lynne who by the way is not well at the moment poor thing can hardly talk and if you knew Lynne you'd know how devastating that was (lol) only joking Lynne don't get mad. Today is Lynne's grandchild Riley's first birthday. Happy Birthday Riley!!!
I've just got home from teaching the new texture class at Paperdoll. It was a fantastic class and the girls worked really well. In fact they were all finished ahead of schedule. There was a couple of moments when screwing up the paper distressed more than the paper, but they were all really pleased with the end result.
Well that's it for today
Happy Scrapping
Cheers
Leeanne x

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Leeanne

Love the layouts, look great. Woh 40 years of friendship, that is really a friendship. Thanks for giving me something to read over the holidays, getting a bit bored kids are sick again.

see you after the holidays

Anonymous said...

Hi Leeanne,

Cool page - poor Lynne must be going out of her mind.

I can't believe Riley is one already! Feels like about six months ago Lynne was showing us the photos.

I'm sure you were able to take the stress out of distressing last night. *wink*

Wx

Anonymous said...

Oh my God I can't believe Riley is one, its even hard to believe that Jenna and Cara went to school I look at Jenna and she is nowhere even approaching motherhood. Poor Lynne, get well soon, I hope that she is not too sick to enjoy celebrations for Riley. Sorry Leeanne I know the Blog is about you (hehe) Your layout is lovely, no Maddy does not look like a girl who is about to turn 12, she looks so much older. Not to worry it will turn around Maddy when your approaching 40 they will then say how young you look.
Talk soon, better go and cook tea, Darren's not home till late (damn)
luv Deb xxxx

kirsty said...

hi leeanne

your layouts are great i love all your pages 40 years of friendship that is longer than i have been alive he he no only joking that is really cool to have such a great friend talk soon xx

connie said...

love the layouts...Leeanne....
and a 40 year friendship thats so cool...
Connie...xxx

Anonymous said...

Great layouts Leeanne - Maddy did look very grown up for her disco.