Wednesday 18 July 2007

Packing.............

to go to the Gold Coast tomorrow that is. Sooo looking forward to getting there and catching up with everyone. But in the meantime Madeleine is packing her bag she's like her mother and doesn't travel light. I've cooked a couple of casseroles for Neil while we're away and put them in the freezer. (Not that he expects me to that but I wanted too). He's looking forward to having the house to himself, not sure how the cat and dog are going to be, you know actually having to got outside. Both of them are pretty spoiled and well it is cold. They'll only have to be out Friday while he's at work so I'm sure they'll cope.

Neil is having a work at home day tomorrow so is taking a couple of hours out to take us to the airport. By the way a big thank you to two Deb's Firstly to Deb Ross for organizing a car for me while we're up on the coast, I don't know what I'd do without you. The second thanks goes to my other friend Deb Kerr whose apartment we are staying in (mates rates thank goodness) while there. It's a great place to stay and more importantly it's less than 5mins to Shaun and Amanda's house.

Other than that I caught up with Sue B for a coffee on Monday morning which was great except both of us were suffering from a severe bout of Mondayitis. I'm putting it down to the first day the kids were back at school and we had to get up early, we picked up a little after the first coffee though. Gotta love caffeine sometimes. Then I went to Frankston and brought a new suitcase and a pair of jeans to take away and headed home for coffee as the morning one was wearing off and I was in serious need of another.

Tuesday I spent the entire day doing housework not exciting but you always feel a sense of achievement when its done. not that it lasts long but anyway I did it. Besides it was such a miserable day Tuesday I was happy to stay in and clean. I only went out to pick Madeleine up from school and then take her to Basketball.

Today I had coffee with a few mums from school, it's always nice to catch up and then I headed over to my girlfriend Jackie's place to see how she was doing. Jackie has been battling some serious health issues since February and things haven't been going to good, however she had a little bit of good news yesterday so was feeling a lot better in herself today. She's gotta a real amazing attitude and is a such a strong person, I don't know that I'd be as strong in her situation. She is really a true inspiration to me and those who know her.

Tonight Madeleine had her first netball training with the new coach Leah. Leah is a young girl with a lot of passion for the game and by all accounts tonight, was very good with the team. The team has three new players from another side so hopefully this will be it for the changes for a while and everything will settle down.

Ok that's it for until next Monday and I'll have lots of photos to share I brought a 2gb memory card for the camera so make no mistake there will a ton of photos.
Take care and I'll catch up next week

cheers

Leeanne x

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time away Leeanne. I'll be looking forward to seeing all the baby photos when you get back.

You are so lucky to have a baby to scrap!

Be safe
Wx

connie said...

ohh lucky thing.... any room in that new suitcase for me??... and well JOrja too...oh yeah and Keenan...lol... NOT mark..lol..only kidding

hope you have a WONDERFUL time away!!

keep safe

Connie...xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Leeanne, I hope that you have packed the Wedding Album to take !!!!!! Have a fantastic time
Deb

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a super duper holiday....I am green with envy I would LOVE to be going to the Gold Coast now

Looking forward to the photos

JULIEx