Monday 30 June 2008

A Winner and How to spend alot of money in one week.

The winner is:- Jolene Pienaar

Congratulations Jolene, Madeleine picked your name out of the hat this morning (it was actually a tupperware container but don't tell anyne). If you could send me an email with you address I will get your goodie bag to you shortly. You'll be pleased to know I have added even more to it, since I took the photo. Just couldn't stop myself adding to it. I hope you enjoy using all the bit and pieces as much as I had putting it all together.

Now for a recap of the past week, and what a weeks its been. Memorable for lots of reasons not least of which is the large impact on our wallets.
A couple of weeks ago our vacuum cleaner blew up. So Sunday before last I headed off to the Good Guys to buy a Dyson. Neil did the research on the net and I did the buying. Very happy with the purchase so far, picks up like a dream and its bagless to boot. Ka-ching $$$$$$$ $400+ .


Monday Madeleine and I went off to have our eyes tested. Now I've known for quite some time I've needed them, but kept putting it off. I've been using the cheap glasses you get from K-Mart etc. Which have been doing the job but I needed more. The optometrist told me I had done exceptionally well to get to 48 without needing glasses. Like everything in my world apparently the lenses in my eyes are starting to loose their elasticity...mmm just like my body (lol). Ka- ching $$$$$$$$ $300+ Please excuse the scary up close and personal shot that's following.

Madeleine also needed her first pair of reading glasses, and hopefully this will stop the migraines she has been getting on and off since starting high school. Her frames are really cool blue with purple edging very nice. Ka-ching $$$$$$ $300+


















Tuesday night I said to Neil, I think we are going to have spend some money on Holly (the dog). I have been noticing for a while that she appeared to fall to one side alot. I thought at first it was because of our polished floors, but then she started barking to come up the back stairs onto the decking, because she wouldn't put weight on her back legs. Anyhoo to cut along story short the poor thing ended up having major surgery last Thursday. She had a total knee reconstruction as she had torn her cruciate ligament. Apparently it will take 4 to 6 months for total recovery and at the moment she is getting around on 3 legs and wearing a lovely plastic collar so she won't chew her stitches. Tomorrow we are back to the Vet, for him to check on her and then she will get the stitches out early next week. It was a perfect time to have it done, as now the school holidays have started there is someone home with her all day to put her outside when needs, so she can go about her business. Ka-ching $$$$$900+


Wednesday no real money spent luckily. (except for a bottle of bubbly). Kim C invited a few of us over to her place, she prepared the most scrumptious lunch. There was a Thai style pumpkin and sweet potato soup or Leek & Cauliflower soup with a touch of bacon. Then a Zucchini slice and chicken and salad. Very very very nice. Kim's house is lovely with the most magnificent views. Thanks again Kim for a great afternoon, and if your reading this, please don't forget to email me the recipes for the soups when you get a chance.

Saturday Madeleine had her birthday party. Madeleine and 13 of her closest friends (hehe) went to see "Get Smart". We made up bags the night before with chips and lollies for each of them and headed down a bit earlier to buy the tickets and a drink for each of them as they went in. I just hung around did a bit of shopping (dropped in on Wendy at work) and then sat in a coffee shop with a couple of Srapbooking mags for an hour or so. Neil had to go home to make sure the dog was o.k. Anyhoo after that they all headed down to "TunzofFun" for around 45 minutes and then it was back to our place for Pizza, a bit of dancing, guitar hero and spot lighting out in the backyard. They all appeared to have a blast and a few of the mums (who are also friends) hung around too, which was really great. The party ended around 9:30pm and well I was pretty tired by then and headed off to bed not long afterwards. Ka-ching $$$$$$ more dollars spent


Sunday we headed off to Wantirna for Neil's cousin Meegan's babies baptism. We decided to risk it and try out the brand new East Link tollway. It was great for us, it knocked off at least 15 minutes from the trip. Bad news was we actually missed the actual baptism and it was all over by the time we got there. DOH!!!! After that, they had a get together at the Knox Club for lunch. Poor baby Mitchell wasn't a very happy camper off and on. I heard his grandmother say that he hadn't done a you know number 2's for over 3 weeks. I know, I know, that's toooooo much info, but really I wouldn't be happy either if I was in that situation. Apparently the health centre nurse said this is normal and not to worry. I don't know, I wouldn't be to pleased if that was my baby, and he clearly was not happy about something. Apart from poor Mitchell though it was a nice afternoon, and it's always lovely to catch up with all the cousins.



The photos from left to right: top row: Maddi, Ashley, Maddi and Me
middle row: Norma (neils mum) & Maddi, Mitchell, Bob (neils dad) & Maddi
bottom row: Maddi & Ashley, Liam, Neil and Maddi.


Today is the start of the School Holidays and Madeleine has had a couple of friends over, tomorrow she's off to Max's place to hang out. Wednesday, is excited because Bree is coming over. Bree is from her college and is the first friend from there, she has had over, so she is really looking forward to that.

Nothing major planned this week, because next Wednesday (9th) Madeleine, me and her friend Alex are off to the Gold Coast for 5 days. We are off to see my nephew and his wife and baby Charlie who turned one a few weeks ago. So looking forward to seeing them all and also my brother Michael who lives up there as well. We are staying in a really great place in Miami, not far from Shaun and Amanda's. It will be great for Madeleine to have a girlfriend with her to keep her company. The only Theme park we are doing is Dreamworld again. Wonder if I can talk Madeleine into the Giant Drop this time. The girls are so excited and the countdown has begun. Sadly Neil isn't coming with us but is staying home to look after the animals:(

Whoa!!! that was a long one, hope you grabbed a cuppa.

Happy New Financial Year


Cheers


Leeanne x

7 comments:

Karen said...

You are not kidding - what an expensive week!
Must be the month for glasses. Both pairs are very cool.
Have a great time on Gold Coast - we stayed at the Grande Florida in Miami last time we were there - its a lovely spot.
Karen x

ps: Guess who's layout I saw in SM last night...congrats!

helen karanfilovski said...

Wow, Leeanne, what a very busy time...and expensive - lol!!! It always happens that way for me too... one thing after another..
I have a Dyson too - I love it...
And you and Madeleine both look super cool and gorgeous with your new glasses!!! Wishing a speedy recovery for Holly and have a super time away - I can't wait to see your photos:)))
Take care and I just saw Karen's post and remembered I forgot to congratulate you on the publication - well done, I was so excited when I saw it....
Helenxx

wendy treseder said...

What an expensive week!! You poor thing (pun intended).

Love your glasses and especially love Maddy's, they look great girls, raised your IQ by a few points too. lol

Poor little Holly - she's just like an AFL footballer, having done a ligament. Hope she is back to scampering around the house again soon.
Wx
PS. Why aren't YOU taking a friend to GC and why isn't it ME!!!

Julie said...

Busy, busy & lots of bucks $$ eh!!
Don't worry, i'm sympothising with you ... we had our air con & washing machine die within a week last month {sigh} !
The glasses look great ... very sophisticated !!
Hope your little dog has a speedy recovery :O)

Jane said...

you are always so busy Leeanne, it's hard to keep up, and also an expensive time. Have to say though - love your and Madeleines glasses - very noice, you both look gorgeous!!!

and your poor little doggie, hope he's recoved well.

Cherie said...

WOW talk about busy!!!

Love the glasses...very stylish...

congrats on your publication too

Cherie x

Vesna said...

Both pairs of glasses looks great.

Have fun on the Gold Coast.

Vesna
x