Wednesday 4 June 2008

Birthdays, Family visits and Friends

Happy Birthday to Neil's mum Norma on her 90th Birthday last Sunday. We celebrated at Clover Cottage in Berwick for lunch with all the family. Norma's two nieces and their children (all of who are 30 and over now). There was around 18 of us and what a great afternoon it was, they are all good company and the food at Clover Cottage is amazing. Here's a few snaps of the day and a few of Madeleine I took before we left.

























I booked flights to the Gold Coast on Sunday to go up and see Shaun, Amanda and Charlie. I made Madeleine's day on two counts as well as uping my chances at being mother of the year. 1st was just the fact that we are going to Qld to see the Ellis's and 2nd was offering to take her friend Alex. They are both really excited about the trip and of course so am I.


The other family visit will be this long weekend when my sister is coming home for 4 days from Darwin. She has been up there since January with work and was supposed to come home at the end of June. Now they have asked her to stay until September which she has said yes too. It's such a great opportunity for her in all ways, I'm really pleased for her. However her two grown up daughters are suffering from not having their mum around for 5 months so she is coming home this Friday for a flying visit (its like reverse homesickness). Anyhoo it will be great to see her, you don't realize when people are always around how much they mean to you, until their gone. Cliched I know but so true.


Today I caught up with my friend Sheree up at Southland. We met for a coffee at 10:30am and at 1:20pm parted company. She had a few things to tell me and we just talked and talked and then talked some more.


Busy weekend coming up. Friday night I'm taking Madeleine and her friend Victoria to see the new Narnia movie and Victoria's mum asked to come along as well, so that should be fun.
Saturday having breakfast with my sister, Saturday night catching up with Rosaleen, Gerry and Thea at Doyles in Mordialloc. We haven't seen them for 12 months so I'm really looking forward to that. Sunday's free at the moment but probably won't stay that way for long. I'm really hoping to get some scrapbooking done. It's been at least month since I've sat down and scrapped and I'm really missing it.


Tomorrow I'm hoping to receive my goodies from Kim Archers workshops at home site. I've purchased a couple of the gorgeous kits she's put together that go with my BLOG friend Helen's workshop. If you haven't been over to have a look at Helen's gorgeous layout do yourself a favour. Helen's work is just fantastic, and I'm really looking forward to doing my version of her layout.


Have a great week eveyone


Cheers

Leeanne x

1 comment:

helen karanfilovski said...

Hi there Leeanne:)))

How lovely of you to offer to take up Madeleine's friend up to the Gold Coast - that is very exciting indeed!!! Enjoy the time with your sister:))

You sound like you have a mega busy weekend coming up - exciting indeed!!

And, oh, Doyle's - I use to go there when I lived on that side of town - so yummy!!! I would be interested to hear if the new Narnia movie is good -- thinking of taking Max to go see it... have a wonderful long weekend:)))))
Helenxxx