Saturday 21 June 2008

Mother of a Teenager...............

thats me. Madeleine had her birthday on Thursday (19th).I can't believe my baby is 13 years old. My mother told me (a long time ago now), that I was the JOY of her life, and that's exactly how I feel about Madeleine. So Happy Birthday Beautiful girl.


She had a great day, got the new fancy PINK hair straightner and a new PINK dressing gown from Neil and I, and then it was off to school. As soon as she arrived she was greeted and surrounded by friends singing (very loudly) Happy Birthday to her and lots of hugs etc... 4 out of 6 of her teachers that day had the class sing Happy Birthday. Then we got home friends popped over to say hi, lot and lots of phone calls and then out for dinner with Neil's Mum, Dad and sister. Nothing a girl likes better that being spoiled on her big day and spoiled she was.















I'm totally enjoying one of her pressies which was guitar hero for the playstation. Think I may have missed my calling as a heavy metal guitar player. Seriously it loads of fun and a little addictive. But then again maybe thats just me.


Today was a pretty lousy day in Melbourne, wet, cold and miserable. Except down at the Netball courts where. yes it was still wet and cold, but certainly not miserable. Madeleine's netball team WON their Grand Final 17-11. I love this photo of Madeleine and her great friend Alex just after the win. They all played an awesome game and given the conditions it was amazing. So excited for all of them it was great.




Then today more friends dropped over for afternoon tea, again for Madeleine's birthday so all in all she's had a fantastic few days.

Well still no scrapbooking for me, I did however have another clean up today so hopefully I will find some inspiration from that.
Leeanne x

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADDY!!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of teenagehood!!

Big Hugs and Kisses from all of us Hogarths!!

And congrats on the Netball win (I think it's a great photo too!!!)

xoxo

Cherie said...

Hi, just doing some blog hopping and I came across yours....love all of your layouts they are beautiful...

Glad to hear your DD Madeleine had a lovely day on Thursday...My eldest DD Chloe turned 10 on Thursday...she had a lovely day too with lots of well wishes from her friends.

Have a great week,
Cherie x

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Madeleine !

Sheree said...

Hi Leeanne!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment! You're a sweetie!

(Hope you don't mind me popping over to your blog from time to time!)

A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Madeleine! Sounds like she had a wonderful day even though she was at school for the day. LOL at you with Guitar Hero. Have fun!

Sheree xx

helen karanfilovski said...

HAPPY B'DAY MADELEINE!!!
And congrats on the netball win!
What an amazing photo - LOVE it. I think it's brilliant!!!!
Helenxx

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Madeleine, contratulations on official entry into teenagerhood!

Don't worry Mum - won't be long until she wants the car keys.....

Well done team - a great win in those conditions.