Saturday 7 June 2008

Narnia, A Layout, eating out.& teaching again

Last night we headed off with Madeleine's friend Victoria and her mum Karen to see the new Narnia film Prince Caspian. The movie goes for nearly 2 1/2 hours and I must say the time just flew, we all really enjoyed it. It is all filmed so beautifully, the costumes and of course the cute little animals from Narnia who talk. This time it's the mice who steal the show. I highly recommend it.


As mentioned in my last post I was hoping to get the kits from Kim Archer so I could start the Fresh Vintage class designed by the very talented Helen Karanfilovski. The kits arrived and I must say they were full of very cute vintage trims, fabric, button and other bits and pieces which were all very yummy.

I really enjoyed taking Helen's class its very freestyle like and random. I really enjoyed putting away the trimmer and actually avoiding cutting straight lines. It was just me and my scissors. Very liberating indeed.

The layout is called Model child for two reasons 1st I'm not sure if all girls are like this but Madeleine and her friend love to take photos of each other, and these 3 photos were taken by Madeleine's friend Tj back in February. the 2nd reason is and I know I know I'm not being biased (she's say with tongue firmly planted in the side of her mouth) but you know Madeleine is a pretty great kid and we are very lucky to have such a caring and loving child and I believe she is great role model. OK enough of that now here's the layout I'm really thrilled with how it came out.





















This morning we headed off to breakfast at the Blue Chair to catch up with my sister. It was fantastic to see her after such a long time and catch up. From there Neil and Madeleine went off to the MCG to see Richmond get a beating from Adelaide.


Tonight we headed out with friends to Doyles and had a lovely evening.

Oh and by the way for anyone who may be interested, I have been talked out of retirement (lol) not that I was really in retirement but I haven't taught any classes since August 07. At this stage it is only a short come back of 4 classes. They will be held once a month on a Thursday night over 4 months. Don't quote me but I think the classes are $10 and there are kits available if you want to use the same product.

The classes will be at Debling in Design in Frankston and you can call 0404 789 035 to make a booking. The first class will be on Thursday 26th June at 7pm. Come along if you can and keep me company.



Cheers for now



Leeanne x

2 comments:

helen karanfilovski said...

Hi there Leeanne:))))
So lovely to hear you have had such a lovely weekend:)
I just LOVE seeing your BEAUTIFUL layout of Madeleine... thank you so much for all your support - I truly appreciate it:))
I wish I lived closer so I could come to your classes... any chance of any on line ones? :)))))))
Have a lovely week:))))))))
Helenxxxx

Julie said...

Hi Leeanne.
Love the LO ... it is nice to step outside the square from our usual style from time to time! It looks great!!
Good luck with the classes!