Saturday 30 June 2007

No-One Panic

Because I was doing enough of that yesterday morning for everyone. I turned on the computer yesterday and got nothing but what i affectionately call the blue screen of death. The computer wouldn't boot up and just came up with an error message. Panic set in straight up not just because I wasn't sure how long it had been since I'd backed up my business files, but of course there was the issue of the photographs stored. Admittedly most of those are on cd as well except for the last couple of months. I felt like my right arm had been chopped off. I'm always on my computer whether it's checking emails, the net... you know just generally wasting time. Neil at that stage wasn't sure if he could fix it, and of course didn't have time before work to really have a look, so I was without for the day. aghhh!!!! He also thought he may have to just wipe everything off the hard drive to fix it...insert very melodramatic nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Of course every story has a happy ending and mine is no different. Thank heavens I am married to someone who is clever and knows about computers. Neil found a couple of work arounds on the internet (is there nothing it can't do) the first one this morning didn't work, but on the second attempt it booted it up. Thank the Lord.... life is sweet again. Note to self back up more often.

Ok enough of that. What about the Amazing Race on Thursday night I was really hoping that Mirna and Sharla would win.. but it wasn't to be. Oh well I was just glad the Barbies didn't win. I love that show although I never seem to watch every episode. I forget its on.

Well Madeleine was still home sick yesterday, but finally managed to throw up (sorry to much info I know) and since then has been feeling heaps better. Some of the skeptics in us might think how convenient now that school holidays have started. But of course I'm not one of those.

Finally here are a couple of layouts I've completed in the last few days. First one
is the Christmas Layout. As I said nothing to complicated here just couldn't fine that ribbon.
The second one is of my new Great Niece Charlie who was born on the 14th June and 5lbs 13oz. You can't really see her properly in the photo but I love the look on Amanda's face and my nephew Shaun looks so proud. Madeleine and I are flying up the Gold Coast on the 19th July for 4 days to visit Charlie and her new parents. Can't wait to get my hands on that Baby.
Well that's about it for today. I have another project nearly finished so I'll share that with you tomorrow. Man I'm on fire at the moment. (well for me anyway)
Cheers
Happy Scrapping
Leeannex

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I thought that it was a bit quiet and had not heard or seen and comments on blogs from you. Gee that Neil is a good bloke!!!!!clever too!!!!!!.
I thought maybe the project that you were working on might be the happy couple's Wedding Album how many years have they been married now? You new great niece is beautiful.
Hope that you weekend was better than your day on Friday.
Love Deb xxxxx
p.s. Glad Maddy vomited it was just what she needed, now she will be on the mend.

Anonymous said...

Love those pages Leeanne and I'm happy to see it's "crises over" on the computer front.
Wx