Sunday 24 June 2007

THIS IS IT

Well this is it! I've finally succumbed to the lure of the BLOG. I have been stalking Blogs daily for a couple of years now so I thought it must be time for me. I don't know how prolific I'll be I've never been good at diaries or at least not for any length of time anyway. I'm sure I've got nothing interesting to say but I'll waffle on all the same.

Scrapbooking is my passion (er der!!) I'm not a fast scrapper and can procrastinate over a layout for hours... sometimes days. Hence I'm useless at crops I just end up talking (something I'm pretty good at) I need to be in my own little space making one unholy mess with all my supplies around me to be productive.

For those who don't know me I am married to Neil (18years) and we have one child Madeleine who has just turned 12 and you will soon discover 90% of my layouts are of her. I work at a scrapbooking shop Paper Doll Scrapbook Boutique and also teach classes.

I don't know if it's just me but do other people with children of this age find their weekends are now not there own but the children now have a better social life? This weekend has gone something like this:-

  • FRIDAY NIGHT: School disco 7pm- 9pm, which meant prior to the event straightening her hair, putting on your funky new clothes and making sure the accessories and makeup were just right. She looked absolutley gorgeous see photo.
  • SATURDAY NIGHT: Friends rollerskating party. One of Madeleine's good friends (Laura) was celebrating her 12th birthday. The party started at 6.30pm and went until 9pm.
  • SUNDAY: Five students from Maddy's primary school were invited to attend a Free all day writers workshop from 9.30am to 4.30pm in Kooyong. So Neil kindly volunteered to take the girls in which was very good of him as it was absolutley FREEZING this morning. I believe it was 5 degrees when they headed off. Anyway I digress Madeleine sent me a text message during morning tea to say the workshop was awesome so that made me happy for her. She loves to write stories and has come home all inspired and has written drafts for 2 stories so far. I must say they sound pretty good and well constructed so far, she has a great imagination and a real way with words. She is now hoping to be published one day. As I say everything possible will happen. I heard the little gem on the plane on the way home from Kiwiscraps Freestyle in April.

So as you can see our weekend has pretty much been taken up with being a Taxi. Don't get me wrong I really don't mind. I love the fact that she enjoys participating in things and having a good time. She's a bit of a social butterfly just like her dear old Mum.

Anyway I'm sure that's enough for my first post I did warn you I could waffle and so I have. I'll leave you with a two layouts I have finished in the last week. Both of them are of Maddy and her friends. The one titled BFF was completed for the Scrapbooking sketches Aussie style website this is my version of Melissa Goodsell's sketch. I love Melissa's style.



Then the next one is just a because layout. Beacuse I liked the photos, I think they really show the girls for who they are. Just plain WACKY









If you've made it all the way to the end of this well done! and thanks for looking.

Leeanne x









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

woohoo!!! Welcome to blog land Leeanne, it's about time you started sharing your art and pearls of wisdom with the world.

I love, love, love your pages (you already know that - he he), they are even better irl.

Looking forward to catching up with you on a regular basis on your new blog.
Wx

Anonymous said...

PS. I'm so thrilled that I got to be the first commenter too. he he

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo aren't you smart, now you have prompted me. I think I may have a look tonight.
Your work is always wonderful.
Congratulations on your blog
talk to you soon
Deb Ross

Anonymous said...

Graet start to your new blog Leeane! Did Maddie skate at Carrum Downs - cos I was there too (with my skates on!)