Wednesday 19 November 2008

CCG #96

This weeks combo was Purple, green, white and Grey. Purple is such a toughie to work with.... well for me anyway and I don't have a lot of it in my stash. But I guess that is the point of the or any challenge it's supposed to be a little bit.......well challenging (lol). I've also been trying not to buy anything new for these layouts and just use whats in my stash, because quite frankly I have WAY TOO MUCH!!!! Don't get me wrong that previous statement doesn't mean I won't buy anything just that I'm trying not do.

The girls had such a good time at Currumbin Wildlife Park on the Gold Coast we spent the day there, and they did the treetop obstacle course, rode a camel and of course feed the birds. None of these photos are super fantastic but they work ok printed small and grouped together to tell the story. I just wanted to record the looks on their faces that show their enjoyment.


Feed the Birds: PP; Scenic route, doodlebug; Alpha: Heidi Swapp, AC thickers and delish, Grey and purple cardstock, ribbon, photo corners, Kaiser bling, collections bird, 7 gypsies stamp and mini flowers.




















....................................................


Saturday: Madeleine's Saturday netball team on their final to advance to the next stage. They just have to win this Saturday to get into the Grand Final the following week. After that we went clothes shopping for Madeleine as part of her xmas goodies. Much to her major disappointment I have hidden them all away until the big day. We got a few really good bargains as some of the stores were having 1 day only sales with some of them taking 50% off.

Saturday night a girlfriend and I headed down to the Cove Hotel for their Karaoke night. We actually only spent a couple of hours there. I didn't hear anyone who sounded like Cameron Diaz in My Best Friends Wedding, so sadly I did not get up. There are certainly some very talented singers out there.

......................................................................

Sunday: Neil and I headed off to a family reunion with some cousins on his Mum's side of the family at the Vale Hotel. Much to Madeleine's delight it was just oldies, going so she got to go shopping (again) with Alex.

................................................................

Monday: Big day at CHOICE Switch.................. Wendy started working with us, welcome aboard it's great to be working with you again.

.............................................................

Tuesday: Headed off to see Road to Rodanthe with my friends Sue and Julie. We had time for a quick sav blanc and a chat before the show started which was great. The movie was watchable but not great. I didn't even cry............. what can I say a chick flick that doesn't make ME cry...well there just has to be something wrong. The characters just didn't seem developed enough and it was just a bit lack lustre all round. Certainly watchable but nothing more.

..........................................................

Wednesday: Today did a bit more xmas shopping... Yeah me!! I just want to get most of Madeleine done and dusted before she finishes school on the 5th December. The rest I'll have to sit down and write out a list so its not total aimless meanderings when I shop.

....................................................

Ok I tried to keep things short and more in point form..............not sure how well i went actually.

Cheers

Leeannexxx

No comments: