Sunday 21 September 2008

Jumping on the Band Wagon

Inspired by Wendy's beautiful take on sketch 102 over at Pencil Lines, I decided to get on board and have a go myself. Now I've been religiously checking out each new Pencil Line sketch as it comes out, on Monday here for over a year now, but have never actually participated. Wendy has been showing her take on the sketches over the last couple of weeks and they have all been amazing. Her version of this weeks sketch is outstanding and inspired me to have a go. All the PP's I've used are from BG Offbeat range along with the stickers. Alpha's are from the American Craft and Heidi Swapp.






















........................................................................


Last Monday night we headed off to Madeleine's school 2008 showcase of it's Bands and Choirs at the Frankston Arts Centre. WOW!!!! It was amazing the children are so talented and they are lead by such enthusiastic and also talented teachers. Madeleine plays Bass Guitar in the Training Concert Band and of course it goes without saying they were fantastic.

..........................................................................

It's now School Holidays here for the next two weeks, so I know Madeleine is ready to kick back and have lots of sleep In's. I can't believe we are already heading into the last term of the year. It's scary how quickly time is passing.Mmmmm better start thinking about Christmas. YIKES!!!

...........................................................................

Friday night a girlfriend asked me to go along with her to a workshop at the Brahma Kumaris Centre for Spiritual Learning the following day. The workshop was about exploring the differences between IQ, EQ (Emotional Intelligence) and SQ (Spiritual Intelligence). All very Deep and Meaningful I hear you say. I like to think I'm open to all things so I said I'd go, not really knowing what to expect.


It was a lovely day and it made you look at how and why you react in the way you do to certain events, things, places. They made you break it down and look at each response and how it made you feel, and how by learning to change your perception you can make things better and how you interact with people more meaningful. That's a very condensed version of what it was all about, some of it was quite enlightening and some it I didn't feel was very practical in day to day living. On the whole though it was more than a little interesting to really break down why you do certain things and why you react the way you do. I certainly had a few A HA!! moments or as I like to call them..... OPRAH moments.

..........................................................................

Well I think that's about all, for those of you, who have their team in the Grand Final next Saturday. Good Luck!!! I don't really care, but if I had to chose, I will be supporting Geelong again this year. Go Cats!!!!!

...............................................................................

Cheers

Leeanne xxx

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Wow, I love that layout Leeanne. Awesome, I am definately going to scrap lift that one
Leanne :)

Sheree said...

I'm loving that BG Offbeat layout too Leeanne!!! Very cool!!

Hope Madeleine enjoys the holidays! I know I will be... love not having to do the school runs everyday! LOL!

Have a great week!
Sheree xx

Julie said...

H Leeanne ... love the LO!
Haven't forgotten your RAK ... just a little pre-occupied getting organised for our big holiday.

Anonymous said...

yay! I just saw your GORGEOUS page in the pencil lines gallery! It's soo beautiful, well done!
Wx

Cherie said...

Great layout Leanne....love the colours and the photo is so cool..

Yah for school holidays...I am hoping for a very quite 2 weeks but who knows what we will get up to!!!

Cherie xx