Saturday 25 October 2008

Colour Combo challenge #93

I've been meaning to have a go at this for a while now, just never got around to it. It's not a sketch site but instead gives you different colour combinations to work with. A new combo is posted every Monday. It can certainly test you, when the colours are something you would never use. But Hey!!! that's what a challenge is all about. Come on give it a go Here.

This weeks colour combo was:

















Orange - Funky Gold- Floral White-Deep orchid

I completed 2 layouts and here's why. The first layout I used more of a goldy yellow colour, because the name on the sample says Funky Gold, but then when I went back to have a look it, it had more of a greeny hue to it. So I did another with that colour, still not sure that's its exactly right but here they are.

2 Old 4 Wiggle World:

PP: Basic Grey, Scenic route; Bazzill cardstock, Alpha: Thickers & Basic Grey, Journalling spots: Scenic Route & Elles Studio, Accent: Bazzill Chip topper, Kaiser Bling and assorted buttons.



















Be Yourself: (no one can tell you you're doing it wrong)

Bazzill Cardstock,PP: Scenic Route; Alpha: Thickers, Carollees creations, Journalling: Elle's Studio, Kaiser Bling, Accent: American Crafts (frame)Daisy D cardstock stickers, K&Co Paper ribbon. Lace and assorted buttons.



















So are you up for the challenge????

Have a great weekend everyone.

cheers

Leeanne xxx

9 comments:

Belinda Venables said...

OMG - you're a super star!

Two layouts with this combo - you rock!

Thanks for playing along!

I love both of your pages so much!

xx

Petrina McDonald said...

Hey Leanne I had trouble with the gold vs. green issue myself! I love what you have done with your two layouts though - especially the message in the second one :)
P.

mandysea said...

Wow, Leanne, thanks so much for stopping by! I LOVE your LO's!! Your first one is my fav! Very vibrant- gorgeous work!

Evelien said...

beautiful layouts, love them both...
Greetz, Evelien from Belgium

Anonymous said...

Hi Leeanne,
I'm back in the land of the living and finally got a chance to catch up on your blog. Love your LO's (as always) but I especially got a kick out of your perm story. We got married in May 89 and guess what my hair was like? You guessed it....PERM. Colour was ashy blonde and it was cut into a wedge! lol. I thought I was sooo cutting edge (yeah right, cutting edge is going to ALWAYS look good in the future - NOT!). Hehehe
Now I think of it, the only thing missing is the shoulder pads!! ha!
Glad to see that Debling had a good fundraiser for breast cancer. It's so exciting about Connie isn't it.
Hope to catch up with you properly some time this week.
Wxx

kerry said...

Hi Leeanne, thanks for visiting my blog i love the first layout that you did for the colour combo blog.Thw colours look great once you put them together.take care Kerry xx

Julie said...

Just catching up & reading everyone's blogs since we have come home.
Love the LO's & colour combo.
Can't believe that perm pic ... looks nothing like you (mmmm .... maybe that's a good thing! LOL!)

Suzanne said...

Love both these pages, such great work with the colours and yet so very different. Especially love the layering and texture in the top page.

Sheree said...

They both look fantasic Leeanne! I must admit I would've found this combo a challenge but you've done such a great job!

Sheree xx