Tuesday 26 August 2008

There's Snow business like Snow business

Last weekend we headed off Bright for a few days with friends. For those of you who don't live in Victoria, Bright is approx 308ks north-east of Melbourne and is located on the Ovens River and nestled in the valley below Mount Buffalo.

We had a really lovely weekend and best of all because its been so cold here, there was lots and lots of snow up on Mount Buffalo. Madeleine had never been to the snow before so she was really excited on Saturday at the prospect...and she wasn't disappointed. The weather was just superb and we spent the day tobogganing, building a snowman and having snow fights. Now tobogganing is easy but by the time you've climbed up the hill for the umpteenth time to go back down again you are pretty well exhausted. I haven't laughed so much in long time.

On the Friday we went on one of the beautiful walks at the back on the Bright township, its a lovely hour long walk through a canyon and back. The scenery is just magnificent. Then we headed off the chocolate shop for a milk shake before heading back home.

It was so nice to get away except on Saturday night after the snow Madeleine started complaining about being achy and sore. I just thought at first she was sore from all the exercise she'd been doing, but about an hour later she had a raging temperature and has been really unwell ever since with the fluey thing everyone seems to be getting this year. Poor thing she really has had a bad trot lately.





On the scrapping front I've completed a class by the very talented Helen . You can get this cool class for nothing over at Anna's Craft Cupboards Blog check it out. Except for the scalloped border all the papers are from basic grey... the Eurphoria range.


Inspired by Wendy I decided to make some cards from all the scraps. There are 7 simple cards, I always find cards difficult for some reason. One of the designs is a direct rip off of one the cards Wendy has just made.
































Oh I almost forgot last Thursday there was a bit of a Dolly reunion in Frankston. Around 8 of us who used to be regulars at Paper Doll got together to catch up and say hi to Connie. Connie has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer, so it was great to see her and chat with her about everything. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers as she goes through this immense challenge. It was also fantastic to see some of the other girls who I haven't seen since the shop shut back in February. I really miss seeing everyone regularly.
I've also had to postpone my class at Debling in Design from this Thursday night to Thursday 4th September. Sorry about that girls I have a 50th to go to on Thursday night for two friends who have turned the big one recently. I totally forgot..... well I didn't actually forget both events just didn't register in my brain until Monday that they were the same day. I worry about me sometimes.
Well I think that's it for now
Happy Scrapping everyone and have a great week
Cheers
Leeanne xxxxxx

7 comments:

Belinda Venables said...

Hey Leeanne,

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I didn't see it as a shameless plug...lol...just a bit a useful information! I think that we are in contract with AGL - but I will still take a look into it - thanks again.

I LOVE your version of Helen's layout...looks fab!

Belinda
xx

Vesna said...

Hi Leeanne,

Looks like you had a great time at the snow. Hope Maddi is feeling better.

You have been busy making cards, they look great and love the LO too.

vesna
x

helen karanfilovski said...

SO many great pieces to look at Leeanne - your LO looks Beautiful and your cards are great!! Hope Madeleine is better now:)
Take care - Helenxxxx

Sheree said...

Love the snow pics Leeanne! Sounds like you all had a fun time! LOVE your 'Helen' layout... and your cards all look great too!

Hope Madeleine is feeling better! Have a great weekend!
Sheree xx

Anonymous said...

So who's the Queen of cards????

Seriously though, they look fantastic. You never do go into anything by halves do you? hehe

Hope you have a fun night with the girls on Thursday - spewing I missed it.
See you soon
Wx

PS. Hope Maddy is feeling better.

Karen said...

The snow is so much fun!
Love the layouts and all those cards - I need to take a leaf out out of your's and Wendy's books and start making cards out of scraps.
Hope Maddy is well now.
Kare x

Jane said...

wow, those cards are just amazing Leeanne - loved having a look at them all :).

and how much fun do those snow photos look - sort of makes me want to go!!!

have a great one and thanks for stopping by.