Sunday 3 August 2008

Heidi, Kim, Madeleine and Vampires???

First of all................ Yeah!!! I have a place at Heidi's create08 in December. I'm so thrilled to get to be a part of this, along with lots of my old Dolly friends and some new blog friends (who I'll get to meet in person). I'll have to start a countdown until the 16th December I can't wait.



Here's a layout share, this is another of Kim Archers classes. Love the texture on this one with the fabric. There is also bubble wrap stamping on this, but I didn't have any bubble wrap on hand, so I just used my making memory stamps instead. All the papers are from Cherry arte. The photos are of the girls on the Claw, from our recent trip to Dreamworld.





The only other kind of scrapping I've done is a OTP. I'm a bit of a collector of costume jewellery and for years my necklaces have just hung off my dressing table. When I was shopping with Lynne a couple of weeks ago I came across a set of four hooks that had Marilyn Monroe tiles as their feature. I knew straight off that this would be perfect to hang my collection from and I could see those Jenny Bowlin papers fitting in perfectly. So here tis....



Madeleine was presented with her Class Captain badge this week at assembly and also a certificate to say she had collected the most merit points in her grade. Merit points are handed out for various reasons. The merit points then go to the person's house. Does that make sense???




Madeleine got given a book to read this week from her friend Alex. It's called Twilight.
Has anyone else heard of it or read it? It's a kind of Romeo and Juliet story between a teenage girl and a vampire. Sounds weird I know but I thought I should read it to see what its all about and though I'm sure I'm not in the demographic the book is pitched at, I was hooked straight away. Currently there are 3 books in the series with the 4th installment coming out on Monday. The movie has already been made, and comes out in December. It's the kind of book you just can't put down and so far the second book is just as good. We are both eagerly awaiting the movie now. The guy who played Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter movies has the lead role of the Vampire Edward.





In other Madeleine news her Basketball team won their grand final this morning. 59 - 37. It was a pretty close most of the game until just near the end. Yesterday she didn't play netball because she had all day rehearsals for the Rock Eisteddfod on Friday night at Rod Laver Arena. They're all really looking forward to that.


Since we got home from there I've been baking. I don't bake that often anymore and really enjoy it when I do. I've made a raspberry and coconut slice and a Cinnamon Tea Cake, in preperation for Neil's family who are coming over later for afternoon Tea. While I was on a roll I also made a vege lasagna for dinner.

Ok I think that's about it for now, Neil's folks will be here any minute.

cheers

Leeanne x

5 comments:

Sheree said...

YAY!!! I'm going to Heidi too!!!! It's gonna be awesome isn't it? I'll be going to the Brissie even on the 13th... I'll be able to let you know how it goes!!

Love the layout... and your OTP hooks look fabulous!

Mmmm...raspberry & coconut slice...cinnamon tea cake... sounds YUM!!!

Have a great week!
Sheree xx

Cherie said...

We will have to be looking out for each other at Heidi...I am so excited...can't wait.

LOve the layout and OTP necklace hanger...what a great idea

Well done to Madeleine and what a great photo of her and the badge...

Have not read that book but it sounds interesting...tell us how it is if you do read it..

Have a great week,'
Cherie xx

Vesna said...

Love the LO and OTP item.

Congrats to Madeleine on being Class Captain.

Vesna
x

Unknown said...

Great LO and loooove the hooks !

Congrats on the basketball win Madeleine :)

I've been going to make coconut jam slice...sounds like it might be similar to yours ~ yum

helen karanfilovski said...

Madeleine is such a super SWEET girl - I am so thrilled about their win!! And congrats too on Miss Class Captain!!!! Your layout is awesome!!! LOVE it!!!
And you guys are all so lucky going to Heidi - I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!!
Hope you are having an awesome week:))
Helenxx