Sunday 27 July 2008

I wish......

I wouldn't leave it so long between posts. The longer you leave it the more daunting it seems to go back and fill in the detail. So grap yourselves a cuppa this may take a bit of time, I will try to keep it as short as possible. That said lets go............................

First week back at school Madeleine was voted Class Captain, she was so excited and thrilled that the kids had voted for her, it's good for a girls ego. Aside from that she is so happy at that school, on the way home one day she said "Mum! I'm so happy at school, thank you for sending me there". You can't get much better than that. It's so good to know she is thriving academically and socially. So far so good.

.........................................................................
Saturday night we went to see the Aussie SYTYCD concert. It was fantastic, and so good to see some of my favourite routines in the flesh. They are all such beautiful dancers. I drove in and then we had dinner in China Town in the city and caught the tram down to Rod Laver Arena.

...........................................................................
Sunday afternoon Madeleine and I went to see the new Batman Movie (couldn't talk Neil into coming along). It's not something I would normally go to see but other friends of ours were going so we headed off to meet them down there. I have to say I pleasantly surprised what a fantastic movie, well the bits i saw anyway (hehe) I closed my eyes when I thought things might get gruesome. Heath Ledger is truly amazing in it and I'm sure even if his life hadn't been cut so tragically short he would have won awards for his portrayal of the Joker. Simply wonderful performance.


........................................................................

I finished two of the Kim Archer workshops I have recently purchased. I know I always say this but really Do Yourselves a Favour if you've never done one of Kim's classes they are totally awesome. The following two are from her recent Behind the Scenes workshop. $20 gets you 3 layouts so obviously I have one more to do.
The first one I used mainly Love Elsie products, It's been pretty dreary in Melbourne recently so I've found it hard to get good photos of the layouts. The colours are not very good but you'll get the idea.







The second one I used October Afternoon papers and the photo is an old one from when we went to the Grampians about 4 years ago. I've always loved this photo of Madeleine crossing the river at Mackenzie falls. She was half way across and then got nervous, so Neil went back to guide her across. The backdrop of the falls is just beautiful.


In other great news I was also lucky enough to win a class over at the at home site. Gotta love that. Thanks for alerting me to the fact Deb.

..............................................................................

Tuesday night Madeleine's basketball team won its semi final so they are now straight through to the Grand Final next Sunday morning. This is Madeleine's last season for a while so it would be great if they win, no pressure of course.

..............................................................................

Wednesday Lynne and I headed down to Frankston for some retail therapy. We arrived and stopped for a coffee straight away. Then we stopped in to see Wendy at Kumfs and while we were there Kim C turned up so we all headed back for another coffee. It was great to catch up with the girls, so by the time we actually started shopping it was 12 O'Clock. Still it was good to spend the day with Lynne we don't do it often enough. We're always on the phone to one another but don't see each other that often.

............................................................................

Thursday night I taught my second class at Debling in Design. We had a great time and the girls all really enjoyed learning the beading technique. Deb also had lots of new stuff so I basically just gave her back my wages and called it even (lol).

............................................................................

Friday, Wendy came over to help me set up MYOB at work, she was only there a couple of hours , but it was fun to have her around even for a short time.

Friday night I finally got around to doing the layout to go into the draw to win a ticket to Heidi Swapps Create08 workshop in December. They are only offering 150 places, so I think it's going to be difficult to get into. I so hope I manage to get a spot,along with other like minded Heidi devotees. (lol). So here is my layout using only Heidi Swapp product (some old some new). The chipboard quote says "Never underestimate the power of cute"



.......................................................................


Saturday was netball (they won) and then Madeleine had a birthday party down at Strike Bowling, and then back at Jame's house for pizza and guitar hero. The adults all sat out in kitchen enjoying the nibblies.

........................................................................

During the week Neil had suggested to Madeleine that she get a band together and that he would play guitar for them until they find someone their own age. She immediately got on the phone to her girlfriend Alex who has a really sweet singing voice to tee up a jam for this Sunday. They didn't actually have a jam as such, but Neil recorded them. Alex sang and Madeleine played Bass guitar. Eventually they'll have proper jams.. how cool.

Tonight my brother;who is down in Melbourne for the weekend came over for dinner with my sister and her two girls. We had a magnificent lamb roast and apple crumble for dessert. It's been a long long time since I've made roast dinner and I must say I really enjoyed it. Nothing beats a good old fashioned roast.

.................................................................

Anyway thanks for hanging in there and getting to the end of this post.

Keep Safe, until next time

cheers.

Leeanne x

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Leeanne thanks for the class the other night I really enjoyed it, hope to make it back again for another before the baby arrives.
Georgie

Julie said...

Hi Leeanne,
i know what you mean about the delayed blog post thing ... i am also guilty of this! LOL!
Love the LO's.
Good luck with the HS Workshop.

Anonymous said...

Love your 08 Layout, looks great.

Bye

helen karanfilovski said...

Yay Madeleine!! Great going Miss Class Captain!!! Whoo Hoo!!!
GREAT layouts Leeanne!! And good luck for Heidi - it would be so very lovely to go along to see her!! And 150 places - I am sure one of them has your name on it:)))
Great to hear what you've been up to:)))
Take care - Helenxx

Karen said...

That was a 2 coffee post! I am guilty of leaving posting for too long too.
Madeleine has really blossomed this year.
Love the layouts
K

Sheree said...

Haven't you had lots happening lately!? Glad you managed to fit some scrapping in amongst it all.. your layouts are fabulous!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Sheree xx

Cherie said...

OMgosh, what a busy time you have had lately!!!

LOVE the layouts...very sweet

Good luck for the morning, I hope we both get our tickets ;-p

Cherie xx

Anonymous said...

hey buddy,
your lo's are even more stunning irl - you make me more than a little envious.
can't with to see the Heidi lo irl too, it looks so cool! (and you know I love a bit of pink and black! hehe)
see you soon
Wx