Saturday 17 May 2008

Weekly roundup....and some layouts

Firstly thanks to everyone who has left me comments, emailed or called during the week to say Happy Birthday. I had an absolutely lovely day and was very soundly spoiled. Gotta luv that.

Saturday a few friends dropped over in the afternoon to share a champagne and a bit of a giggle, it was one of those impromptu things in that they all turned up at once so it was like a little party and lots of fun.

Saturday night we went out to our local Thai restaurant with Sue, Greg and Julie for dinner. It's always a good night when we get together. Julie unveiled her mid life crisis tattoo..... she assured us it was nothing to do with a mid life crisis but I'm not convinced on that one. (hehe). She has had the St Kilda football club emblem tattooed on the small of her back.


Sunday Mother's day and we had Neil's Mum, Dad and sister over for a roast dinner and for my birthday. All in all a pretty hectic but lovely weekend.

Wednesday Lynne and I caught up and went to the movies to see What Happens in Vegas with Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher. It was a really fun movie, predictable like all chick flicks, but still very good. Then we had a nice lunch up at Southland, and dropped into Scraptacular on the way home. All in all a very enjoyable day and it was great to spend the day together. We also managed to fit in a little bit of shopping in before the movie. By the time I dropped Lynne off I just had enough time to get to school to pick up Madeleine.

The new job is great, very very busy as there is still so much to do, putting all the procedures in place. After that it should be smooth sailing. Still busy but at least everything will be as it should.
Friday night Madeleine went to Youth group again and this time took her friends Alex, Laura and Max. They all had a ball, they come out of there so full of smiles and just plain happy. It really is great to see.

While they were there I dropped into Debling in Design to hand in a few Layouts I had completed for Deb. A few weeks ago she asked me to be a guest designer using the new Teresa Collins products. The products are just scrumptious and really easy to work with. I've had them completed for a couple of weeks but hadn't put them up on the BLOG yet because Deb has been away. I figured I should show them to her first. So here they are;











































































Today Netball got cancelled because of the rain. It hasn't stopped for most of the day which of course is fantastic. Wendy and I caught up at Blue Chair for a bit of lunch and a coffee. We kind of got kicked out around 3pm so they could close up. Congratulations to Wendy on her new job a new and exciting career about to begin.


Tonight we have been out with Andi, Steve, John and their respective children to the Indian Restaurant down at Patterson Lakes for my birthday. You have to love a birthday that just keeps on going. We had a very yummy dinner then headed off back to Andi and Steve's for coffee.


It's now nearly 12am and since I've been home I've been on the WII fit doing 45mins of exercise. What a great piece of equipment. Neil and Madeleine gave it to me for my birthday. It's fantastic, it covers Yoga, aerobic exercises, muscle workouts & balance workouts. As you get better at each exercise it unlocks different workouts. It also weighs you and tells you your bmi etc and helps you to set goals for fitness and weight loss. Pretty cool actually.

Well I think that pretty well covers the whole week.

cheers


Leeanne x

11 comments:

Deb Ross said...

Hi Leeanne,

The layouts are just gorgeous and everyone has been commenting, and I am lucky as they are here I must say I find myself glancing at them constantly and keep find more of your wonderful technique.

I am so glad that you had a great birthday and you deserve to get spoilt.

Have a great week and catch up soon.

p.s. great news about Wendy's new job.
Love Deb xxx

helen karanfilovski said...

Hi there Leeanne!
Oh, I am so glad you had a very lovely birthday!!
Your layouts are SO yummy - great work!! I would LOVE to know the story behind Norma!! Love it and the photo is gorgeous!!
All the places you have mentioned - Scraptacular - I visit often (my brother lives around the corner from there and I sneak in a visit when we see him and the kids) Patterson Lakes - I grew up there, Southland - was my second home growing up! - we are bound to bump into each one day!! LOL!!
Lovely to hear you love your new job too:))
Take care - have a fab week - Helenxx

Scrappy Doll said...

Hi Leeanne

Love the layouts as always, especially the 'Norma' layout. What a beautiful photo to work with.

Luv Joy

Unknown said...

Wow, you have been busy !! How awesome for you to have had such a lovely extended birthday...I wish my birthday STARTED, but as usual, it was a flop :(

Your layouts are gorgeous !

wendy treseder said...

Hi Leeanne,
Why restrict your birthday celebrations to just one day??? Keep on celebrating every day!!

Your LO's are GORGEOUS!
See you soon
Wxx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to You Dear Leeanne! Hope you have a wonderful one with many happy returns, you absolutely deserve it. Enjoy! Love Jen xxx

Anonymous said...

Leeanne, just forgot to say how stunning your layouts are. OMG, I am jealous, love them and love the theresa collins stuff. Well Done! Can't choose a favorite but love Norma and the one with the boys on it. Take care xxx

Vesna said...

Hi Leeanne,

Love the layouts.

Vesna
x

Julie said...

Hi Leeanne.
Great LO's ... they look gorgeous.
Sounds like you've busy!

Jane said...

oh WOW - absolutely fabo Leeanne, just love your use of the TC papers - very noice. The "seriously cute" LO is just that - love the photos.

Anonymous said...

romantic comedies starring Ashton Kutcher tend to be good, he seems to have a knack for them... A Lot Like Love is another example