Wednesday 2 April 2008

Ramblings....re the last two weeks

I’ll try to keep it short, but I can’t make any promises.

Firstly Madeleine’s wrist is slowly getting better, she’s done away with the brace so that’s a good sign.

Neil completed the Ottway bike challenge on Saturday the 11th March. It was a 142k ride over the Ottway Ranges from Lorne to Torquay. He was in remarkably good shape when he arrived home all be it a little tired. That's Neil behind the girl in the yellow helmet.


















The following Wednesday I caught up with a few friends at the Blue Chair Restaurant (no blue chair in sight). Its always good to enjoy good food and wine and great company.


Good Friday Neil and his mates had a Jam at Al’s place and my girlfriend Sheree came over and we watched chick flicks all afternoon. Gotta luv that. Then Sheree and her husband Bill (who was at the Jam) came back for home cooked fish and chips.


Easter Saturday I took Madeleine and Alex shopping at Frankston they had lunch with me and then took off like a rocket when I suggested they could have an hour to shop on their own. I had 3 pressies to buy for friends which I managed to do pretty quickly. One of which is for the lovely Wendy, who’s birthday was on the 24th and I still haven’t seen yet. I did ring to say Happy Birthday though. Bad me for not going around yet.


Easter Sunday we had lunch at Neil’s sisters place with his Mum and Dad which was lovely. Then on Sunday night while watching SYTYCD I noticed my foot was a bit sore. Well mainly my second toe you know just a bit stiff sort of. No biggie.


Easter Monday our good friends Sue and Greg dropped in for a quick visit, always enjoy spending time with them. Prior to their visit, I went on a nice big hour along walk along the beach to try and walk out the soreness in my foot. I thought the walk, along with actually wearing my orthodics might do the trick.... Nope sadly by the time I got home my foot was worse very sore and swollen.
To cut a long story short basically it’s still really sore and swollen which makes it hard to walk. I went to the doctor last Wednesday who told me he thought I had tendonitis in the foot and to stay off it and ice it as well. He also gave me anti inflammatory tablets, and two days off work last week but so far no good. Tonight I have an appointment at the Physio so hopefully they will be able to help more. Fingers crossed.



Last Wednesday I also caught up with Marcia who I met in anti natal classes, her and her husband have recently renovated their home, so Madeleine and I went to check it out and have lunch and a catch up. The house looks amazing in fact when we pulled up Madeleine said “This isn’t their home why are you stopping here” it looks like a completely different home, no sign of the old one at all.



Last Saturday we headed down to Phillip Island for the night, friends had invited us down for the weekend. There was about six families down there lots of fun. The kids had a ball. Sunday we took the kids to the wild life park and Amaze and things. Madeleine and Neil were both very brave and went down a free fall slide. You just hang there in mid air, release and fall …. Pretty scary stuff. It appeared that the letting go bit was the hardest part. Didn't get a photo of that (well one that turned out anyway) they moved to fast. I like the one of Madeleine on the gravity ladder.. cool effect.



















































In other big news I have told my boss at Centrelink that I will not be renewing my contract after this month as I have been offered a job with a new company called USWITCH. It's much more flexible, 5 minutes from home, the same hours as now, or more if I want, more money, and in school holidays I don't have to work as much or I can work from home. I will be the marketing/promotions Manager. I'm really excited and looking forward to the challenge. I'll tell you more about it later.

So I'm finishing up with Centrelink on Thursday 24th April. I've really enjoyed working there over the last 8 months, and only to find I didn't have a job at Centrelink at the end of April either. Centrelink are going through a major overhaul at the moment and are actually cutting jobs rather than employing new people, and usually the casuals are the first to go.


It's Neil's birthday tomorrow and I haven't really got him anything yet, haven't been able to get around the shops with this foot. But will have to go today anyway.


Ok that's more than enough for now.


cheers



Leeanne x

mmm... just between you and me I think I may have broken that I'll try and keep it short promise. Sorry about that

5 comments:

Julie said...

Gosh, you guys are having a rough trot ... wrists, feet and all!
Sounds like you've been having fun though ... we visited 'Amaze n Things' when we travelled in 2006 ... a very fun place!

wendy treseder said...

Howdy there Leeanne,

Don't feel bad, I'm terrible at keeping in touch with you too. How many streets away are we again? LOL

Happy birthday to Neil! Looks like he's picked up your trick, hiding behind a crowd in the photo. :)

Uswitch looks fantastic (I just checked it out)and I think you'll be perfect for the job. Having more flexibility with work is ideal.

Hope your toe is feeling better.
See you soon :)
Wx

Karen said...

Finished my coffee now!
Glad to hear Madeleine's wrist is improving - but not so good that your toe is still bad.
The new job sounds like a great opportunity for you.

K x

Deb Ross said...

Hey Leeanne,

You sound so happy about your new job that's great. I am sure that Centrelink will miss your happy smiling face around the office (their loss).

Happy Birthday to Neil.

Looking forward to catching up.

Deb xxx

Jane said...

OMG you have been super duper busy Leeanne.

All the best with the new job - sounds like you will enjoy it more!!!

Take care of yourself and that toe, glad to hear that Madeleine's wrist is on the mend.