Saturday 23 February 2008

FEBRUARY CHALLENGE

I hope you've all completed your layouts for the February challenge over at Wendy's BLOG, you have until Monday 25th February to get them in. Here's the sketch for this month the winner will receive $30 worth of product, gotta love that.










Here's my take on it. I've flipped the design to suite my photos. The title and journalling is from a Rolling Stones song "You can't always get what you want". When we went to see Mad Violet a couple of weeks ago they did a cover of the song, and it immediately hit me as an idea for a LO.


The journalling is:
You can't always get what You want
But if you try sometimes
You just might find
You get what You need.

I like the sentiment and to me it means you don't always have to have a lot of material things in your life but that sometimes the simple things in life (in this case the beach) are just as good if not better than a theme park for enjoyment. (simplistic view I know but you get what I mean)I've used some of the new tropical range of papers from Making Memories... Love the bright colours.








Paper: Making Memories (tropical),Alpha: Heidi Swapp, American Crafts, carolee creations and EK success; Rubon: Rhonna Farrer autumn leaves; Bookplates: Heidi Swapp; Hambly transperency, Embellishments: Making memory chipboard flower buttons, Heidi Swapp tape, Heidi Swapp corner, making memory hat pin, small tag. Stamp: Elsie Flannigan.


Cheers for now


Leeanne x

4 comments:

Lesli said...

Great sketch - I love your take on it - beautiful LO :)

Karen said...

Great layout Leeanne - I like your use of the song. Probably a worry when I remember the Stones singing it and they were young and unwrinkly! Love the MM papers.

Unknown said...

Cool LO Leeanne :)

Anonymous said...

Very Cool Leeanne, you really thought outside the box for the sketch and I really love the sentiment.
Wx