Wednesday 21 November 2007

The weekend Part 2.

Saturday: Well after being on top of the ladder all year Madeleine's team won't even be in the Grand Final :( The team tried their best but just couldn't get on top of the other side. So sadly that's it for this year.


Saturday night we headed off to Caesars restaurant in Frankston for dinner with our good friends Judy, Alf, Jenny and Trevor. We all worked at Cheltenham Social Security back in 1979 through to the 80's (all bar Alf). So we have a long history together and have watched each others children grow up. Some of them have had their own children now. (hello to Willisa)

We usually catch up three or four times a year for dinner and the evenings are alot of fun and filled with much frivolity.


Sunday: Madeleine and I went shopping for her grade 6 graduation dress which luckily we found without to much trouble. We brought it in Portmans and it's a lovely girly, pretty, cute dress. Whats good is, it is age appropriate. It's is so hard to find clothes for a 12 year old (that has the body of a women) that are not to slinky and revealing. Then next we found the perfect pair of pink dressy thongs with bling to got with it in wittners. Voila graduation outfit all done, except for a little alteration to the straps which are a bit to long. Which Wendy kindly agreed to take up for me.
..............................................................

Seague way to Wendy, most of you would already know by now that Wendy has made the decision to close Paper Doll.... well at least the bricks and mortar shop. Tough decision to make but a good one for Wendy and her family. I would just like to take the opportunity to say thank you to Wendy. Thank you for giving me a job when the shop first opened, even though I had never scrapbooked. I was hooked straight away and loved loved going to work there. All those beautiful papers, embellishments, ribbons, I could go on. Neil used to say I enjoyed it to much for it to be REAL work and that I was really only going there, to do what I do best TALK.

In someways he was right, I enjoyed meeting, advising and speaking with all the women who came into the shop with the same enthusiasm , excitement and passion for scrapbooking some who have become friends. I felt so lucky to go to work everyday and do something that i honestly loved. I especially loved Thursdays. Thursday is coffee scrap and chat morning and there is a loyal band of regulars who come most Thursdays. These girls became not just customers but friends and I know how much they are going to miss coming to the shop. Thank you for all the inspiration and new friendships .

At the end of the day Paper Doll is not just a shop it is Wendy and all those people keep coming back, because of her. She has nurtured a place where people feel not only inspired but welcome. It has become a second home for a lot of women. A place to drop in for a coffee and chat with a close friend.

Good news is that Paper Doll will go on in some form or another, and Wendy already has plans a foot for the next stage in Dollys journey. So stay tuned for the next adventure of Dolly and all her friends.

Big hugs to you Wendy and thanks for all your support & encouragement over the last 2 1/2
years. Lastly but by no means least. Your friendship.

..........................................................................

Sunday night was Chelsea Heights Netball Presentation evening. It was held at the Chelsea town hall with over 400 people in attendance. It was a huge night, raffles , give aways and a disco for the kids as well. When it was Madeleine's teams turn to go up on stage she was thrilled to discover she had won the coaches award and trophy. She grinned like a Cheshire cat she was so pleased.


Below are a few photos of the evening. The teams had to pick a theme or a colour to come in, Madeleine's team chose Disney animated characters. Bad mother that I am we have no costumes so she went as an evil queen. All that entailed was black clothing, a tiara and a wand she made from a stick out of the backyard with a paper star that said Evil. The kids all had a fantastic time laughing and dancing. It was a great way to finish off the year.



























As usual I have waffled on far to much again, so bye until next time

Cheers

Leeanne x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-(
Too sad! You are right though....once a Paper Dolly, always a Paper Dolly!
Aim x

Anonymous said...

Hello stranger! Here here, to the post about Wendy I know this to be true and I only popped in a handful of times and yet somehow managed to feel as though I was considered a friend to both you and Wendy which is what made Paper Doll such a wonderful place, I am sad to think it won't be there anymore as, even though I didn't pop in much, I always felt I could in the back of my mind. Anyway I am going to organize something at my place after Christmas and would love you and Wendy to come. Wishing you and your family a very happy Christmas and New Year, lots of love and peace and of course pressies. xxx