Friday 9 January 2009

Out of Practice

Re keeping my BLOG up to date.

I've come in to start this so many times and it just felt like I'd left it so long I didn't know where to start again.

So decision made here it is. I'm not going to go into the crazy CRAZY month that was December, except to say we had a wonderful Christmas day with family. Two roast dinners in one day, I don't know how we do it but we somehow manage it.

Boxing day as usual we spent with our wonderful friends and their families (25 in total). The day starts for me at around 8am, shopping, preparing, setting up etc Then the gang starts showing up around 2pm and we finished up around 12:30am. I love boxing day. Seems to me though, that it's taking me longer each year to get over both Christmas Day and Boxing Day.


New Years Eve we spent with friends who live walking distance from home and had a lovely evening. Earlier in the day my not quite one month old Laptop decided to completely stop working, and as it turned out I lost everything on it when it was decided it was the Hard Drive that was the problem. To say not Happy Jan would be an understatement.

I had time off work from the 23rd December to 5th January which was fantastic. This week back though has been a little crazy. I've been working 8 - 8 1/2 hours days. Me thinkst having time off is not always a good thing. Neil is still on leave though so he has been home for Madeleine which has been great.

Last Sunday we had our annual Sunday Lunch out for Julie and Sue's birthdays and this year Lynne and her husband joined in as well which was lovely. Lynne and Sue both celebrate (or commiserate) their birthdays on the same day, this year is was another winery down on the Peninsula. The winery is in Merricks North and is called Willow Grove and the restaurant is called Salix. The food was magnificent and presented so beautifully. I only got photos of the desserts but they give you an idea.






















So far Madeleine has seen Twilight 6 times and me I've seen it 3. Robert Pattinson is now officially her number one pinup boy and future husband apparently. We went to see it in Gold Class a couple of weeks ago which was very nice. I took a few photos of Madeleine before we left in one of the new dresses she got for Christmas and I also got to take a couple in Gold Class but had to sit down when I was apparently embarrassing her.


























































We've also been to see Yes Man which I laughed and laughed and then laughed some more in. Bedtime Stories which was a nice film nothing really special.

Madeleine has also been to see Marley and Me we apparently is very sad and you need to take a couple of boxes of tissues along with you. Think I might wait to see that one on DVD.

This week I've also been out to dinner with another couple of girlfriends. One of whose birthday was on the 2nd January. We went up to Vincents in Beaumaris another lovely evening.
Nothing much planned for this weekend although Neil and I may go and see Slumdog Millionaire at the movies which is supposed to be fantastic.
I managed one layout during December (no photo taken yet). Another one of Charlie when we visited the Gold Coast back in July.

I'm going to try and get back into being creative this weekend. I've signed up for another Kim Archer workshop called Seven. Seven layouts in seven days to help get you kick started for 2009.

I've also signed up for Kim's roundrobin layout swap which start this week. There are about 4 or 5 groups participating in this. My group has six girls in it, so I've sent my layout off to the first person on the list and I'm just waiting to receive one. Can't wait to see how my layout turns out after it's visited the other girls so they can add their touches to it.

If you haven't seen this months Tarisota Kit you really should do yourself a favour. The kit is full of absolutely gorgeous goodies. This month the guest DT member is my talented friend Helen Karinfilovski. Go check out the Tarisota Gallery to see her fabulous work along with all the other Beautiful work done by the DT, it's simply stunning.
Ok Ok that's it for now,
Happy Belated New Year to everyone
Cheers
Leeanne xxx

7 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAH!!! your back on line!!! Happy new year.

helen karanfilovski said...

So great to catch up on all your news Leeanne!! you are so super sweet - I wish you and your family a year filled with much fun, health, and happiness!!
take care - helenxx

Cherie said...

Wow you have been super busy Leeanne but it sounds like it has been heaps of fun...
Gorgeous photos of Madeleine...

Thanks for the reminder I must sign up for Kims class today!!!

Have a great week
Cherie xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Leeanne, Sounds like you have had a fun packed holiday time. I to have this day signed up for the seven class with Kim Archer and I have just seen your Girl page. Very IMPRESSIVE I must say.

Karen said...

Sounds like a great Christmas and New Year.
Don't work too hard!

Karen x

Sheree said...

Great to catch up on what's been happening in your part of the world! How frustrating about your laptop dying!!! I would've been so cranky...

I was wondering what 'Yes Man' was like. Might have to go see that one!

Enjoy the rest of your week!
Sheree xx

Vesna said...

Hi Leeanne,

Sounds like you all had a fantastic xmas.

Gee......Madeleine looks so grown up.

Vesna
x