Sunday 4 November 2007

bout time for an update

Well I don't know where that week went, but it certainly whizzed by.

Lets see what have I been up to??


Wednesday I took Madeleine over to the Cranbourne basketball stadium to participate in the zone girls basketball. Carrum Primary had made it through to the zones and they had to play two matches and win both to get through to Regionals.


The first game they blitzed the opposition by about 34 baskets, but sadly they were beaten in the second game by 5 points. They did so well and should be very proud of themselves, as its the furthest Carrum Primary have gone in the girls basketball. Here's a couple of photos, notice who is shooting the basket in the second photo.
























From there it was off to Pearcedale to catch up with Sue B in her lunch hour, then back home to get organized for Netball training. After that we ended up at the Mahoney's for take away chinese which was very nice I have to say.


............................................................................


Saturday we had a BBQ for John and his boys and the Kennedy's came over as well. It was a great night, lots of fun and laughter. Our neighbour Noeleen also came in and ended up staying for dinner (she's the one in blue}. All the kids went for a really quick dip in her pool (heating wasn't on) and then they came back for a bit of sing star fun. Madeleine's friend Alex was over for the day as well and I couldn't help but take a couple of shots (or 3 or more) of them with the new camera just hanging around. I'm starting to get the hang of it. In auto mode anyway. Neil is experimenting all the time with different exposures and depth of field etc. I figure when he's mastered that he can teach me. Connie also told me she would let me in on her secret for great black and white shots. So Connie I'm waiting on that email (lol).



























You probably can't see in these photos because I've made them small, but I've had a really sore left eye all week. It's been getting sorer and sorer and has ended up being a sty, Saturday it was quite swollen and had a real reddy, purplish look to it. Attractive I hear you say. Anyway last night before going to bed I tried an old fashioned (old wife's tale) on it. Having been brought up Catholic I remember my mum saying that if you rubbed a blessed wedding ring over the sty it would heal it. So I got my mums wedding ring out and rubbed it over my bottom eye lid before bed last night. You wouldn't credit it but this morning when I woke the swelling had gone down considerably and the soreness had subsided. Tonight it has nearly gone altogether. Oggie Boggie hey!!! You've gotta luv those old wives.















.......................................................................


Sunday it was a beautifully wet and miserable day. It didn't stop raining most of the day today and last night. It was fantastic, its so good to see good soaking rain. Aside from that I caught up with Karen for a hot chocolate at the Blue Chair in Carrum this afternoon, while Neil was back home with Mark and Norm having a jam. Of course I took a few photos of them together, here's one of them.




Then tonight we have been at friends place for a roast dinner. Love roast dinners and especially when you don't have to cook them.

.........................................................................



In sad news, Neil's Aunty Babe passed away today. She was 96, so had lived to a ripe old age. However for at least the last 5 years she has been in a nursing home and not well at all. So in alot of ways it is a blessing for her, and her two daughters who have religiously been visiting her everyday since she was placed in the home. She has merely been existing rather than living, which has been so hard for her, as well as all her loved ones that have been there for her through it all.

..............................................................................


In other brief news I have won an RAK on Kim Archers Blog for being the 1st person to book into her christmas extravaganza workshops. It was a pleasant surprise to get an email from Kim to say I'd won. Looking forward to mail this week.

I also had an email from For Keeps to say they would like to pick up one my layouts. So that was exciting as well.

.....................................................................



Well that's it for me today, Keep on smiling everyone and have a good week.


Cheers


Leeanne x

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo at the Kim Archer RAK and the Mag pick up!

Sad news about Neils aunt : (

wendy treseder said...

I'm exhausted just reading your blog Leeanne, I don't know how you manage all that socializing and working too. I wish I had your stamina. Sounds like a fun time. (well except for the stye and Neil's aunty.)

Congrats again on getting picked up for publication!! WOOHOO!
See you soon
Wx

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting published. Can I have your autograph??? Puhlease?!?!

What a busy week you have had, I think it's just that time of year again for everyone!

Amy :-)

P.s. I think it's just the gold that works on the stye...any type of gold would do. LOL.

Leeanne O'C said...

Amy Amy Amy You've runied everything for me now. (lol) It's like finding out Santa, The Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy aren't real. WHAT!!! Not real nooooooooooooo.

Thanks for shattering my last piece of childhood fantasy. (hehe)

Leeannex

Karen said...

It worked Leeanne - thats all that counts - if you believe....
I saw that you won the RAK on Kim's blog - could you have booked in any faster! Congrats on FK.

Sorry to hear about Neil's Aunt = it doesn't matter how old they are it is still a big loss.

You have been so busy - did you fit any sleep in...lol

Karen :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats again Leeanne on the For Keeps pick up and also the RAK. I still don't know how you do it, I am very jealous of all that energy you have. Take care, I'll catch up with you eventually, someday, somewhere...

Vesna said...

Congrats on winning the RAK and getting published. You creations are all stunning.

Sorry to hear about Neil's Aunt.

When do you have time to scrap. You seems to be busy socializing all the time. lol.

Take care
Vesna